Ok here is what I plan on tackling for the build.1:48 Hasegawa F-18D World Hornet to start.I will be using the Wolfpack F-18A+ Conversion for the birdslicers and refueling probe,also the Wolfpack Wingfold set and Wolfpack Litening pod.I am going to use the kit cockpit but add seats from the Avionix 2 seater set.I have a set of seamless suckers intakes and will use the weapons from the Hasegawa weapons set D.The decals of coarse will be from the Afterburner Decal sheet.

F-4VF-51006.jpg

F-4VF-51008.jpg

So far I have begun cleaning up all the resin parts and will probably spray the cockpit this weekend.

Aaron

that is a good bunch of aftermarket goodies. I will be interested in how the wingfold goes together. I just picked one up myself and I am looking forward to using it. I look forward to your progress!

Best

Tyler

Owwwww that makes me remember my first kiiiit!!!!!!!!!

woooow aarzee!I remember it,it was fantastic but the prob was that i was too young and screwed up everything...darn!!!

to phantom: the decals are for the "vikings" from marines if i remember well (VMFA-225)--> BTW my decals were all screwed up!!!

Cant wait to see more aarze...it just is a jump back in the past and memories!!!

Cheers

:crying2:

Never seen that kit. What does the Hasegawa decal sheet come with?

Hey Phantom The decals are for VMFA(AW) 225 and also a set for a Swiss Hornet but the sheet isn,t very good at all.

Aaron,

what do you think about the Wolfpack-d nose?

Have you tried a dry fit with the fuselage?

I'm waiting it for a RAAF F-18A.

Thanks, Simone.

Hi Simone, Yes I cleaned up the nose and dry fit it.The fit is very good,the only thing to be careful of is handling the nose with the birdslicers.I accidently broke off one of them while cleaning up the nose :lol: .Luckly I was able to repair it

HTH

Aaron

Hi Simone, Yes I cleaned up the nose and dry fit it.The fit is very good,the only thing to be careful of is handling the nose with the birdslicers.I accidently broke off one of them while cleaning up the nose :thumbsup: .Luckly I was able to repair it

HTH

Aaron

Thanks Aaron, it's a good new.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok will have pics probably by the weekend.The dryfit of the Wolfpack nose seemed to be ok but once I was ready to glue in place it isn,t quite the right size and some sanding and shaping is needed to make it fit properly.I have it on now and the wing folds on.Just need to get you guys some pics LOL.

Here are the latest pics of my Hornet so far.I have the cockpit done,I used old photo negatives for the screens,I have the wing fold attached and it just needs a little more cleaning up and I have the nose attached and it needs a little more tweeking but the project is moving along.

VMFA-121005.jpg

VMFA-121003.jpg

VMFA-121001.jpg

That really looks good. I just put the fuselage and nose together on my Hornet. I don't remember having problems with fit like I have. How di yours go together? It looks very seamless.

Great Job

That really looks good. I just put the fuselage and nose together on my Hornet. I don't remember having problems with fit like I have. How di yours go together? It looks very seamless.

Great Job

I found the nose section to be a tad to small so I filled and sanded it and overall I am happy with it now but the fit wasn,t the greatest.

Hey Okthree the wing fold from Wolfpack is very good the instructions are a bit vague on where to cut but once you get over that the fit is very nice

Glad to know that. I recently picked up the Wolfpack wing fold. I'll probably save it for a future project, but yours looks great installed.

Your work looks great. Is the cockpit OOB except for the seats?

The wing fold looks good too. How was that to install?

Yes the cockpit is out of the box except I am using the Avionix seats

• 3 weeks later...

Sweet build!!! :cheers:

I have been following this build with great interest. I have been planning a build of this same bird for a while now.

Your's is coming along nicely. I look forward to seeing her up on her legs.

:popcorn:

Mark