I mixed a shade of grey today I think works much better than the other. It's closer to FS35237. That greyish blue color used on prowlers. It looks a lot better, but I'm not sure how close it is. I'll post some pictures tomorrow morning.

On another note, I found some liquid mask at the LHS. That stuff works great. I put it down on the portholes before I sprayed the inside of the fuselage again. The only thing I gotta work on is brushing it on a little more evenly. I haven't had much progress on anything else. Have a few of the smaller assemblies done. Most of it is just waiting for paint and a coat of future so I can assemble the fuselage and start on the outside stuff.

Before I glue it together, anyone have any suggestions from prior builds as to what a good approach would be to get it together?

Unfortunately I can only offer go slow, test fit, test fit, test fit, go even slower. :thumbsup:

I found that the bottom panel didn't quite fit right and I had to put some styrene strips in to fill gaps. And I also had some monster gaps on the interior panels where the sides met the top, luckily no one will see them...

Good luck,

mason

• 1 month later...

trying to mix paint to match that same color I mixed earlier has been pretty difficult. I probably going to have to mix a bigger batch of it and respray everything. I didn't realize that the GB was coming to a close so soon. For some reason I thought I had until February. It's all good though. Finals are coming up soon and I'll be done with school for a few weeks.

I swore to myself that I would finish this build in time.

I didn't realize that the GB was coming to a close so soon. For some reason I thought I had until February. It's all good though. Finals are coming up soon and I'll be done with school for a few weeks.

I swore to myself that I would finish this build in time.

Hello

Hurry up, and I have to make it fast as well, as the sands are running out.

Patrick

• 3 weeks later...

Woo. starting working on my kit again today. Nothing worth showing, but I have started. Before I can assemble the rest fuse, I'm gonna have to head back to my apt to pickup some more stuff.

I was able to get some orders to work at the reserve station until christmas and decided to stay with my parents to avoid the long commute, and thats how I forgot my putty and mr surfacer. Got the paint right, I think. Don't think I'm going to use the Flying Leatherneck decals on this kit though. I'm gonna save those for a better build. There is a lot of things I've run into with this kit already that I think merit more time and effort into assembling it properly. Right now my goal is to get it done in the next couple of weeks.

Chris,

I deleted your last post as it doesn't belong in the GB forum. if you feel the need to post it please do it in the General forum. By the way looking very nice. you may actually finish a build!! Thanks bro.

semper Fi

Dan

Edited by marine4 ever
Chris,

I deleted your last post as it doesn't belong in the GB forum. if you feel the need to post it please do it in the General forum. By the way looking very nice. you may actually finish a build!! Thanks bro.

semper Fi

Dan

Good to go. I'm just not going to post it up there. It'll ruffle too many feathers.

Thanks for the comments. I'm still at a loss though. I have no clue how to put that door in.