NAS Pensacola Airshow Pics

Here are a few pics out of 300 that I took at the airshow on Saturday. Weather was very very very very very very WINDY and COLD!

The first airshow that I have been to that had a constant 30 mph wind with temps around 50.

The statics left a lot to be desired but the flying was pretty cool.

It's Showtime:

PICT0006.jpg

PICT0010.jpg

PICT0008.jpg

PICT0013.jpg

PICT0016.jpg

PICT0018.jpg

PICT0030.jpg

PICT0033.jpg

PICT0039.jpg

PICT0044.jpg

more coming

Very, very nice pics thank you for sharing them with us......I'm ex-USAF and as such am a diehard T-Bird fan, but that is truly a disheartening sight to see the Blues flying without a slot man........knowing the reason why doesn't make me feel any better. Hopefully this will be a notice or thump on the head to anyone else who has thoughts of or is thinking along the same lines as the ex-slot aviator.

Edited by Angels49

Thanks guys for all the replys. Yeah it was sad seeing the blues flying the 3 ship formation but I must add my 2 cent worth on this sit rap. I think that this was a total bone head move that the slot pilot could have done and it just goes to show that he did not care much about being on the team. I am sure there are pilots who would love to wear the blue flight suite and I have seen on videos where it would take pilots 3 times of submitting applications before they were asked to be on the team. It takes a lot of hard work to be on the team not to mention all the requirements you have to meet before they would even look at you.

What a big stupid move to get kicked off the team!

Brock

What was the deal with the pic of the Blue Angels Hornet in the first set of pics (fourth from the top) that looks like the tail number was painted out?? Was that the #4 bird with it's number removed?

On a side note, getting kicked off of the Blue Angels has to be the deathknell for a Navy pilot's career. Who would want that idiot in his squadron after that. There are probably a hundred pilots who would have loved the opportunity that this moron had. I feel bad for the pilots he was selected over.

What was the deal with the pic of the Blue Angels Hornet in the first set of pics (fourth from the top) that looks like the tail number was painted out?? Was that the #4 bird with it's number removed?

Nope. That jet (along with 85% of the other aircraft there on static display) is one from the Naval Aviation Museum's outdoor display (stash). They tow them into position for the airshow, then drag them back to the Museum display outside of the Museum's rework/restoration facility when the show is over.

Most haven't flown in YEARS. That Blue Angel jet used to sit outside the Museum on the sidewalk facing the indoor A-4F Blue Angel display.

Cheers,

Mitch

Did they say anything about being down a pilot? Did they just fly the show 5 ship with modified formations and pretend nothing happened?

No. However I felt it was a little silly that the narrator kept referring to the "diamond" (formation). Hard to have a diamond with only three jets up there.

Cheers,

Mitch

They had one of the Blue Angels jets, sans engines, on the ramp at the Jacksonville airshow a couple years ago. Some poor guy from VFA-106 had to sit up on the walkway and patiently explain the same things over and over to all us civilians taking turns sitting in the cockpit. Got a pic somewhere of me sitting in it, just before they had to threaten to pry me out.

Nope. That jet (along with 85% of the other aircraft there on static display) is one from the Naval Aviation Museum's outdoor display (stash). They tow them into position for the airshow, then drag them back to the Museum display outside of the Museum's rework/restoration facility when the show is over.

Most haven't flown in YEARS. That Blue Angel jet used to sit outside the Museum on the sidewalk facing the indoor A-4F Blue Angel display.

Cheers,

Mitch