Star War: Old Republic trailer

I was not much into the newer/older films 1-3. Some how I just could not get my mind over Older craft making the Newer craft of 4-5-6 looking like Antiques.

I learned this firsthand when a bunch of friends and I decided to watch all six movies in a row. Once you get past the awesomeness that is Episode III (yeah, a lot of the acting sucked, but the CGI at the time was AMAZING), the OT become really, really, REALLY hard to watch.

In all seriousness, I'm actually kind of regretting not having the time, money, or computer to play this. It is really quite tempting.

The post-Jedi storyline was pretty well covered in the Lucas-authorised novels, including the killing off of Chewie, Han and Leia having three kids (one of whom was also killed off), Luke marrying Mara Jade, Fett escaping the Sarlacc, etc, etc. Would be nice to see it serialised though on TV.

Edited by CraigSargent
The post-Jedi storyline was pretty well covered in the Lucas-authorised novels, including the killing off of Chewie, Han and Leia having three kids (one of whom was also killed off), Luke marrying Mara Jade, Fett escaping the Sarlacc, etc, etc. Would be nice to see it serialised though on TV.

Or some movies....with the CGI from that Old Republic trailer! :jaw-dropping:

I've always thought that the Rogue Squadron series of books would make a great basis for a SW tv series ...

Mostly all new characters so it's not a big deal with casting too... Wedge Antilles is the most known character from the movies ...

BTW, Chuk, awesome work on that Old Republic trailer ! :woot.gif::jaw-dropping:

Gregg

Actually, two of Han and Leia's kids were eventually killed off.

Yeah, seeing the Expanded Universe stuff as a TV show would be amazing.

Didn't know that. I stopped reading soon after the Yuuzhan Vong came on the scene. Starting getting a little silly.

Yeah, the New Jedi Order with the Yuuzhan Vong is my favorite series of Star Wars novels, but the Legacy of the Force is pretty good too.

i agree with Waco. Not really in to this kind of thing, but this was an amazing trailer.

ChukW, excellent work. Fantastic Trailer. Can't wait to see the next one you will be doing!

Jason

I've always thought that the Rogue Squadron series of books would make a great basis for a SW tv series ...

<...>

Great idea! :blink: Loved those books. Actually, the Rogue Squadron series and "Tales of the Bounty Hunters" (which could be made into cool films/series episodes as well) are what got me into reading English books. Those and Andy McNab.

That should be a movie.

I could sit and watch for an hour or two.

bit of a hijack..or not.

Remember the fellow that did Code Gaurdian, the fighting robots?

Seems he has done a star wars movie

Join the Empire

"This is my first CG short movie. Based on Star Wars universe, it's a sort of Imperial propagandistic commercial. It tooks about one year to complete and features models made from scratch by myself. I've used 3DStudio 4.0, 3DStudio MAX 2.0/2.5, Media Studio 5.0, Autodesk Animator. "

I have not seen it.

Well guys, now you know part of what keeps me busy when I'm not modeling. We made this at blur studio, and I got to storyboard it! To cinch the job we needed a slick presentation with our bid- so I jumped in and did an extra-special presentation over my Christmas- New Years break. It paid off, we got the job- and will do another. Thanks on behalf of all my hard-working colleagues for all your kind words-

Cheers!

chuk

I'll bet those are some sweet storyboards!! Did everything you put in the storyboards make it to the trailer??

Either way, my son (he's 12) and I have watched the trailer numerous times, headphones on, volume way up, huge smile plastered across our faces!! :banana:

Great idea! :thumbsup: Loved those books. Actually, the Rogue Squadron series and "Tales of the Bounty Hunters" (which could be made into cool films/series episodes as well) are what got me into reading English books. Those and Andy McNab.

Yeah, that would be cool as well Moritz ...

They way I understand it, Lucasfilm is working on a live action series set around Bounty Hunters in the post Return of the Jedi timeframe ...

Another cool idea would be like the Star Wars Tales comics ... an Anthology series set in the SW universe ...

Gregg

They way I understand it, Lucasfilm is working on a live action series set around Bounty Hunters in the post Return of the Jedi timeframe ...

Another cool idea would be like the Star Wars Tales comics ... an Anthology series set in the SW universe ...

Gregg

I hadn't heard that, but I heard that Lucas was making a live-action TV show set in the time between the two movie trilogies, maybe featuring young Boba Fett.

Gregg

I want a FPS or RPG for bounty hunters...I wanna play that chick :thumbsup:

I want a FPS or RPG for bounty hunters...I wanna play that chick :thumbsup:

I'd love LucasArts to bring back and update the Dark Forces series of games ... as well as the X-Wing/TIE Fighter games too ...

Gregg

I'll bet those are some sweet storyboards!! Did everything you put in the storyboards make it to the trailer??

Either way, my son (he's 12) and I have watched the trailer numerous times, headphones on, volume way up, huge smile plastered across our faces!! :rolleyes:

Well, no. The client switched things up a few times- I did a ton of boards! Happily, lots of it still looks like my scribbley pics come to lush life. I start the ball rolling, and it builds and builds as it hurtles downhill from hand to talented hand. The guys I work with are true champs!

I'll be posting them on my site sometime soon- I'm giving a talk at Gnomon Live in two weeks here in LA: Check it out!

I'd love LucasArts to bring back and update the Dark Forces series of games ... as well as the X-Wing/TIE Fighter games too ...

Frankly, I was disappointed by X-Wing/TIE Fighter. They didn't capture the feel of the movies. The spacecraft felt like they were barely moving and you never got a sensation of speed like with the shots in films. Apparently, they did that on purpose to be "realistic", but since the concept is based on something complete fictional what is "realistic"? I say, if they made more like movies, go for it- but the X-Wing and TIE fighter games kinda sucked.

Frankly, I was disappointed by X-Wing/TIE Fighter. They didn't capture the feel of the movies. The spacecraft felt like they were barely moving and you never got a sensation of speed like with the shots in films. Apparently, they did that on purpose to be "realistic", but since the concept is based on something complete fictional what is "realistic"? I say, if they made more like movies, go for it- but the X-Wing and TIE fighter games kinda sucked.

Well, to be fair, some of that is due to the technology of the day ...

I really enjoyed those games and their expansions ... Think of how they'd look running on today's PCs and Consoles ...

I liked the fact that most of the battles took place in a more empty space than what was always seen in the movies ...

The movies portrayed those moments like they were not so normal too ...

To each, their own, I guess ...

Well, no. The client switched things up a few times- I did a ton of boards! Happily, lots of it still looks like my scribbley pics come to lush life. I start the ball rolling, and it builds and builds as it hurtles downhill from hand to talented hand. The guys I work with are true champs!

I'll be posting them on my site sometime soon- I'm giving a talk at Gnomon Live in two weeks here in LA: Check it out!

OMG!!! That looks like a mind-blowing event Chuk!! Knock'em dead with your presentation!!

I'm soooo jealous :)

• 11 months later...

OK now I'm confused. The Old Republic games are set ~ 4000 years before the movies, but in the trailer we have Republic dudes in Clone Trooper armour?

Cool trailer nevertheless, even if it tell us nothing about the game....

Yeah I saw they weren't clones, but the armour is similar enough - especially at the beginning when wearing helmets - that I thought they were. I know they want to maintain a Star Wars "look", but this is 4000 years before Star Wars....