1/48th Hasegawa F-14D

Wow, that's turning out great, Brett! :thumbsup:

And actually, the tailhook shouldn't have any stripes. They stopped with that sometime around the early-90s, I think. It should just be same overall color as the rest of the underside (light ghost gray).

HTH

Wow, that's turning out great, Brett! :thumbsup:

And actually, the tailhook shouldn't have any stripes. They stopped with that sometime around the early-90s, I think. It should just be same overall color as the rest of the underside (light ghost gray).

HTH

Thanks, glad you like it! And the info on the tailhook made it simple! I went cross eyed with masking it off before. Much easier round 2. :)

Minor update. The canopy is done :doh: Turned out pretty well I think. What do you guys think?

6-1.jpg

9.jpg

5-1.jpg

I finished up with fixing flaws on the windscreen this morning, so that's dipped and drying as well. The HUD was assembled as well, dipped and drying off too. Hopefully, those will be installed this weekend. Getting close!!!

Edited by Brett M

Windscreen and HUD are installed. Got the probes attached to the fuselage as well. Buuuut, of course I had one incident. Shot one probe out of the tweezers and into infinity. It's gone! So, I'll have to figure out what to do on that.

IMGP0003-15.jpg

IMGP0004-11.jpg

IMGP0006-6.jpg

IMGP0007-4.jpg

Edited by Brett M

Brett... A BEAUTY!

but ur wings seems to be dipping down too much as in they feel like they r being weighed down..they are not locked in position yet right?

in any case awesome job!

abt the probes...i constantly lose mine as well haha

Brett... A BEAUTY!

but ur wings seems to be dipping down too much as in they feel like they r being weighed down..they are not locked in position yet right?

in any case awesome job!

abt the probes...i constantly lose mine as well haha

Thanks man! Yeah, the wings are just in place for now. I haven't gotten them to point where they'll be at when it's done. Soon though. I still need to do the exhausts.....I don't know what color I can use though :salute:

Really nice build Brett- I like it a lot. You have obviously paid attention to many details many have missed in the F-14. I really like it!

Thanks Chuck, I appreciate, especially considering how jaw dropping your's is turning out!

Pics are up in the critique section....not great with the horrible weather here in SLC though!