1/48th Hasegawa F-14D

Did a little bit of work today...and by little, I mean hardly anything. I got the rear IP out, without much hassle. Cut out the fish bowl and smooth the surface. Thinned the PTID screen backing so it wouldn't stick out by scale inches ;) Sprayed, glued on, little dry brushing for the buttons and silver for the back ground of the display. I'll wait for the silver to dry till tomorrow, then get some thinned transparent green on it.

Critiques?

IMGP0004-4.jpg

IMGP0005-4.jpg

Slightly empty in there.....

IMGP0003-6.jpg

Looks so much better in person. I hate how these photo's make it all look like crap.

Edited by Brett M

Well, here's the completed rear IP with the PTID screen installed. What do you guys think? I think that I might want to tone the screen down, too green/bright.

IMGP0001-3.jpg

Somehow I've lost the rear control stick :( I thought I had put it in one of the bags from Steel Beech, but nothing there. I'm going to raid my Revellogram F-14 and hope that it looks okay. Next step, get the LANTIRN control stick painted and installed.

Edited by Brett M

Thanks everyone. Glad you think it's looking good! Still a lot more to do but it's coming along well. I did get the bad gap on the intakes like some had mentioned. I ended up filling that with CA and sanding it smooth. Did a bunch of work on the glove pylons last night, added the Steel Beech BOL rails and found they don't handle being dropped well. Oops! I'll probably do some more work on those tonight. Also need to figure out how to hang that SLAM off the Phoenix pylon!

Edited by Brett M

Pylons are assembled and one painted and slightly weathered. I attached the LANTIRN pod as well. Got the SLAM painted and applied the decals to it. It's pretty long, compared to a Harpoon.....not sure what to do on this to mount it. Suggestions anyone?

IMGP0002-4.jpg

IMGP0003-8.jpg

IMGP00022.jpg

And generic AIM-9's being assembled :whistle:

IMGP00032.jpg

As always, comments are welcome! Especially if I did something wrong and need to change it :)

Edited by Brett M
Of course, now looking at that picture, I put the front warning decal too low :worship:

Barely...thats one of those things that only you are ever really going to know about. I wouldn't change it personally. Looking great and those SB details look very good. Can't wait to see more

It's the Hasegawa stick you're missing? F76?

I've got an extra if you want it--just PM me your address. :)

Big thanks to Daniel B for getting me a new control stick! It showed up today in the mail. Thanks!

Big thanks to Daniel B for getting me a new control stick! It showed up today in the mail. Thanks!

Happy to help. Good luck with your build--it looks great so far, and I'm really enjoying following it. :whistle:

So, I just made a quick run over to Michael's for some pastels, oil paints and some brushes (almost ended up with 2 Revell Strike Eagles too! Might have to go back :whistle:) This really is going to be the first time I've tried to weather a plane, with oil leaks, paint fading, etc. Out comes the wing off my F-14 Revell kit. I'm trying to simulate oil streaking.... what do you all think? Too much? Too vague an area? It's practice for now, so ideas are great to hear :coolio: And don't mind the fact that they're not all at the same angle lol

IMGP0002-5.jpg

Edited by Brett M

Brett,

What color green did you use for your screens? Looks great. Thanks,

Cameron

Well, here's the completed rear IP with the PTID screen installed. What do you guys think? I think that I might want to tone the screen down, too green/bright.

IMGP0001-3.jpg