Raptor Aggressor ????

It would be interesting to see F-22As in aggressor paintschemes like that, but I just don't see it happening. As it is, I'd have a hard time believing any F-22s getting permanantly assigned to an aggressor unit, much less getting repainted.

Surely that could never happen??

What about the special and , no doubt, very expensive paint scheme which adds to the stealth aspect?

It would be bl***y stupid to pay that much for a stealthy plane and then paint coloured stripes on it wouldn't it?

The whole concept is daft :tumble:

Yeah, it's just a WH-IF ... Does look nice in those colors ...

Might come a day when F-35A/Cs are used in the role of Aggressor/Adversary

Gregg

Edited by GreyGhost
Definitely unnecessary. At least now we can train F-22 pilots, and the F-15s and F-16s can serve the DACT role again There hasn't been enough dissimilarity for the last 20 years.

I think you meant not enough Aggressors in the last 20 years... F-15s and F-16s have always filled the DACT role.. F-15Cs from Langley and F-16s from Shaw fly DACT against each other as well as against Navy or Marine jets. Squadrons try and fly at least one DACT assignment every quarter or six months.

It's an Aggressor. It has to look bright. Besides, it's a whif. :banana:

Yup, I know that! Wot I'm saying is to look at the 'planes design. Now, a B-70 in SAC colours is a GOOD whif 'cos it could have happened in the course of things, but, to put bright stripes on a STEALTH aircraft is just plain daft, in the sense that it (probably) would never happen because it destroys the whole concept of the aircraft.

No, a nice BIG B-70 in Vietnam era SAC camo, now THAT'S a whif :monkeydance:

Hhhmmmm :nanner:

Maybe I'm just smoking the cheap crack on this... but here's a thought - If I'm not mistaken, is not the paint that makes up Have Glass actually an additive inside of the paint, as in the RAM in Have Glass is not the whole of the paint, which allows it to have the twin tint that we see on the Raptor. So in principle, it could well be ANY colour desired, meaning Aggressor Paint could look cool AND still be functional for full effect.

Besides, the Raptor's stealth is only Partially through the Have Glass Paint, as it also features radar reduction in the structure and the layout of the aircraft, so even IF it were not a case that Have Glass is in fact a two-part paint, the RCS of the aircraft is Still well reduced compared to most fighters, and Still retains the level of maneuverability and combat effectiveness that would serve in the role of Aggressor to teach pilots to fight against true pure 5th Generation Fighters.

Besides, Gordon - B-70 in Night Intruder camo, now That would be cool.

Yup, I know that! Wot I'm saying is to look at the 'planes design. Now, a B-70 in SAC colours is a GOOD whif 'cos it could have happened in the course of things, but, to put bright stripes on a STEALTH aircraft is just plain daft, in the sense that it (probably) would never happen because it destroys the whole concept of the aircraft.

No, a nice BIG B-70 in Vietnam era SAC camo, now THAT'S a whif :thumbsup:

Hhhmmmm :rolleyes:

It all comes down to what your idea of "whif" is. Me, I'd build an Aggressor Raptor in a heartbeat, in the black/gray/white scheme the Alaska F-16 Aggressors are painted in. Sure, it's nowhere near accurate, but it'd look good on the shelf and be very different from any other Raptor build out there.

In my opinion, the absolute best whifs are the ones that could never happen. Like a MiG-31 with the panel lines smoothed over and modified to be a USN jet. Realistic? No way. Awesome? Absolutely. Same idea with the Aggressor Raptor.

Just my thoughts. YMMV.