Stefan... You are a very brave man to tackle that old kit and convert it to and SK..! Good job!!!

About the colours. You're both correct!

The Viggens paintjob faded heavily. Your SK-37 looks just like they did in the midst of their career.

Very nice! Congratulations on a great build!

I'd like to see more building pictures of you have any...

Jorgen "Troll" Toll

:(

Edited by Troll

To fill the last opend bay, i constructed the RAT from Kit-Plastic.

The RAT-Door and it's internal structure were built from Polystyrene. In the same way the RAT-Prop.-Blades.

Those had to be worked on merely easily with sandpaper to give them the right shape.

RATroh.jpg

In addition, i've started to apply the Decals from TwoBobs and Flying Colors (Kronmärken & Numbers).

And this is the current state of affairs.

After the third try, i had placed the yellow selfmade-band on the Radom were i want (and not were the band want).

The marking 'TRYCK EJ HÄR' (Do not press) is very small and sadly nowhere available in 1/48. So I had to made by myself again.

Fortunately, i found the needed letters on an old JA37-Decalsheet. This means that..cutting out letter for letter.

It was the hell for my eyes! But it has been worthwhile! :rolleyes:

IMG_2692.jpg

Edited by mueste
Good News: MAESTRO MODELS from Sweden (available at REBELL HOBBY ) have informed me that they are ready to in troduce a 1/48 conversion on the market.

In the past month they have made a Draken two seat, the Viggen should be available in few time.

Wow! Its too bad I dont speak the language of the website! Oh well, I guess I will have to do without the Viggen! :thumbsup:

Thanks Antoine and JMan! :(

Now, this should be the "armament" for my Viggen. Both are typical for the Sk37E. The U95 Jamming Pod and the KB Pod late version. Let's see what's happend if they are painted, marked (Decals not included, DIY) and assembled at the almost finished model.

Regards,

Stefan

IMG_2698.jpg

Wow! Its too bad I dont speak the language of the website! Oh well, I guess I will have to do without the Viggen! :P

Good thing tho that if you click the american flag at the top/right the whole site is translated into english :thumbsup:

Cheers!

And this is the view after removal the Tape from the Canopys. I'm very satisfied with that realized result. :rolleyes:

I'll come again with the "armed" and finished Sk37E..and more pics.

Regards,

Stefan

Finished2.jpg

Edited by mueste
And this is the view after removal the Tape from the Canopys. I'm very satisfied with that realized result. :wub:

I'll come again with the "armed" and finished Sk37E..and more pics.

Regards,

Stefan

Finished2.jpg

Hi Stefan,

a great model for a great old-real jet... I'm really impressed!!!

Maybe the best Viggen model ever seen.

CIAO!

Piero

P.S.: We still hope in Hasegawa for the near future...

Hi Aigore, D IcarUS and Piero!

Many thanks for your commendation! :D

Piero: I hope for 1/32, regardless of which producer. The main thing is soon!

To the end, the external load is now painted, marked and light weathered.

After the matt varnish, the armament is ready to assemble at the Pylon.

U95

U95ECMPod.jpg

KB Pod

KBPod.jpg

Cheers,

Stefan