new MIG-23 ML and MF kits

I like it a lot! Seems I don't have to get the big Trumpeter kit with all its flaws!

Perhaps you'll get the RV kit with all its flaws (if there are some) :P

Edited by Laurent
Not surprising: JasonW placed an order :yahoo:

Not only Jason!

:tumble: :o jump4joy1.gif:tumble:

Yeah, 26.50 is a lot, but this does seem worth it. Looks like a great kit and comes with PE and a shedload of decals. Going by how much work you'd have to invest in bringing another kit up to date or how much a Trumpeter kit (whenever we're going to see one) would cost, this price isn't that outrageous.

Edited by ChernayaAkula

I'm a top class member of Modelimex and always get a 7% off price, so my price is EUR20.54 without shipping.

Not bad for me since the RMB is going stronger and stronger recently.

I guess it has the same style of the OOP Stream Su-24, but I hope for a better fitting indeed.

Also, from the intent pictures of Modelimex, the ML/MLD vertical fin is also included so I guess it could be easily built into an ML, too.

From the current pictures I'm quite satisfied with this kit and just ordered 3 sets.

Will you guys updated with some close pics when I get the kit.

Cheers,

Yufei

Little comparison from our Czech SM ("Submarine Man"):

http://skopam.blog.cz/1102/mig-23-zvezda-vz-rvresin

Thank you for the link. Too bad he doesn't fit the canopy and windshield to the front fuselage halves. The Zvezda kit is totally off (link) but we don't know if the RV kit is an improvement.

It has just arrived !!! :crying2:

I ordered two days ago ... and now it's already here and I have to say: (without having time by now to check or compare with scale / line drawings) I'm more than impressed. :woot.gif:

Very finepamnel lines, crispy details all around ... nice decals and a PE-fret ... I only miss some missile armament !

Well - actually SUPER - done and some other model-makers should take a look and learn. :thumbsup:

I only hope this won't be "only" a very limited issue.

CHeers, Deino

I ordered two days ago ... and now it's already here and I have to say: (without having time by now to check or compare with scale / line drawings) I'm more than impressed. :D

Cool ! Perhaps you could assemble the kit with scotch tape to see if the front fuselage (+windshield and canopy) looks ok ?

Comparing the kit to line drawings (which may not be accurate...) may be difficult. I've looked at some MiG-23 line drawings and they were quite different.

It has just arrived !!! :woot.gif:

Oops. I've received it too.

The master was riveted with a Rosie wheel so I'm not sure if the molds will last for years. The surface detailing is very impressive and dense (so putty verboten) but some parts aren't great: not perfect seat (no side walls), not cockpit walls detailing, main wheels aren't fantastic. Expensive kit but you won't have to correct anything (unless...), you won't have to rescribe and rivet anything, and you won't have to buy a stencils decal sheet. But some Equipage wheels and a seat could be worth adding.

Edited by Laurent
may be difficult. I've looked at some MiG-23 line drawings and they were quite different.

nose cone does not look great at first look(so prop and jet nose cone will be still needed for ML/MLD and new one for M and P

i hope that you will put together one fast so we will se how much is really better than Zvezda (at this moment this look to me as slightly corrected and fully rescribed Zvezda ...

Some russian modellers announced corrected Zvezda Mig-23 so i will wait a litle more before buying anytihnig.

P.S. the best draws are in Burdin s book about MiG-23...do not know wich draws RV used

Edited by flanker