ARC Discussion Forums

Sign in to follow this  
Darren Roberts

CVW-8 embarked on the USS Enterprise - 2001

This airwing will be in 1/48 scale and will include an F-14A Tomcat, F-18C Hornet, EA-6B Prowler, and an S-3 Viking. If the E-2C comes out in time, I'll include that as well. The photos were taken using an Olympus C-60 point and shoot camera. The background is the material that banners are made of. Lighting was simply the shade of my front porch on a sunny day and then brightened in Photoshop.

This is the Revell F-18C Hornet that has been fully rescribed. CE dropped flaps have been added, as well as a Black Box cockpit. Markings are from CAM. I had spare landing gear from a gear up Hasegawa kit, so I added that as well.

valion1.JPG

valion2.JPG

valion3.JPG

valion4.JPG

valion5.JPG

valion6.JPG

This is AMT's S-3 Viking from VS-24 Scouts. It is essentially OOB except for a set of Steel Beach intake covers. The decals are from the Italeri boxing.

scout1.JPG

scout2.JPG

scout3.JPG

scout4.JPG

scout5.JPG

scout6.JPG

Those are noice!!!! REALLY like the S-3. :D

Man Darren! It always amazes me how you take what some would consider "crap kits" (the F/A-18C in this case) and turn them into works of art. Truely amazing! Great job!

Aaron

Those are two great looking aircrafts Darren, I really like how the F-18 looks (not that the S-3 doesn't) I wished mine looked as good!

Happy Modeling,

Joe

Holy crap batman, the paint job / weathering job is superb. May I ask how you did it? TIA.

Mike

Hey!!! Very nice, thats the one I am hoping to finish today, except mine will be from a couple months earlier.

That Tophatters jet always looks to be "putting on the Ritz" to me ! :thumbsup:

Excellent ... :salute:

Gregg

This is the Revell F-18C Hornet that has been fully rescribed. CE dropped flaps have been added, as well as a Black Box cockpit. Markings are from CAM. I had spare landing gear from a gear up Hasegawa kit, so I added that as well.

valion2.JPG

Very impressive Darren! You've certainly come a long way with your knowledge of not only the Hornet, but also the things you need to fix on the kit that R/M omitted. (For example, the vents behind the canopy. These were an artifact from Monogram originally produced a model of Hornet #1, but somehow they R-M overlooked their removal on all the production jets.)

nice builds Darren, i'm starting build of a VAQ-141 Prowler, i love your prowler

cheers