I think they over did the panel lines.

That airplane was on display at Holloman's open house today. Cool looking plane!

TornadoGR14599HollomanOct091.jpg

Wow....thats me (guy taking a picture of the tail)..........haha. Never thought I'd wind up on ARC that way, small world.

talk about free publicity

I wonder if we can get Two Bobs to make decals of this? I got plenty of pics; and apparently others did too!

Edited by Skyraider Maniac
I wonder if we can get Two Bobs to make decals of this? I got plenty of pics; and apparently others did too!

I was talking to Bob and he also thinks this scheme is to complicated to do it as a kit / decals. You might do the tailmarkings (and so on...) as decals, but painting would be very complicated (=impossible in small scale)

That tonka will only been seen "live" in the US, caused of it has nearly reached the end of its lifetime. After that it will stay @ Holoman AB as a Gateguard.

Where did you get that information from?

I have been told at Holloman that a "normal" green Tornado will be used as a Gateguard in front of the GAF FTC HQ as the Americans do not want to have a s/c jet displayed. 4599 will be returned to Germany for "recycling"...

Anybody noticed the Roswell visitors on the tail?! :thumbsup:

Regards

Andreas

Way to small to see, until you showed it LOL.

Thanks for the pictures.

Edited by Wayne S
Where did you get that information from?

I have been told at Holloman that a "normal" green Tornado will be used as a Gateguard in front of the GAF FTC HQ as the Americans do not want to have a s/c jet displayed. 4599 will be returned to Germany for "recycling"...

got them from here:

http://www.flugzeugforum.de/forum/showpost...mp;postcount=52

But the Info was a bit older. looks like you´re right!!!