Hello again,here is my A-7, I'm building an old esci kit that I bought week early on our modeling open market for a few euros. I like to build old kits from time to time,litlle quicker than my other projects,to rest my head a litlle,no drawings, maybe rescribing, some pictures...

I started from cockpit and some sub assembly's

Instruments are from scrap box , combined from various cocpits , I'll try to scratch rear bulkhead,and the only addition would be the resin seat

C & C are welcome

SSL23874.jpg

Front fuselage joint

SSL23875.jpg

Intake with scrap motor fan

SSL23876.jpg

SSL23877.jpg

SSL23878.jpg

SSL23880.jpg

SSL23881.jpg

SSL23882.jpg

Rear fan was from F-4 and front from MIg-29,for me it's only there to represent the engine,I do't bother the accuracy

Hello again,here is my A-7, I'm building an old esci kit that I bought week early on our modeling open market for a few euros. I like to build old kits from time to time,litlle quicker than my other projects,to rest my head a litlle,no drawings, maybe rescribing, some pictures...

I started from cockpit and some sub assembly's

Instruments are from scrap box , combined from various cocpits , I'll try to scratch rear bulkhead,and the only addition would be the resin seat

C & C are welcome

SSL23874.jpg

Front fuselage joint

SSL23875.jpg

Intake with scrap motor fan

SSL23876.jpg

SSL23877.jpg

SSL23878.jpg

SSL23880.jpg

SSL23881.jpg

SSL23882.jpg

Rear fan was from F-4 and front from MIg-29,for me it's only there to represent the engine,I do't bother the accuracy

Great work so far. I will follow this build with interest. I have not built an A-7, but, have built ESCI and other older kits of similar type, no cockpit, raised panel lines, shape issues etc. I like the challenge of building new bits and trying to make the end result look like a representation of the real aircraft. But, I am glad to hear that I am not the only one who believes that you do not need to get carried away by trying to make things 100% accurate. :thumbsup:

THNX nubaba! MHO is that not evey wire, panel, instrument or rivet has to be on its place, few wires here and there are representing all the wires that could be seen on real aircraft,panels too.I have never tryed to make 100% accurate model becouse I don't have time,when wuld I finish the rest?? I admire those modellers that are building one model for a year or two making it as accurate as can bee...

Great start I think model dont have to be 100 accurate just a 100% amazing finish!

btw im sad you glued the wing fold .. i love model built with folded wing :D

Im sure this is going to turn out great ill comme peek from time to time

Cheers

Neo

Neo, I think he's saying that in the Helenic Air Force (Greece) they don't fold the wings. At least, it may be that way. These are old airframes, and still in use today. It may be that they fixed the wings to help them maintain integrity over longer periods of time.

I don't know if that's the case, but it's not entirely unheard of.

Here's the update after a week!

The hardest part of this build was done during last week ( filling,sanding,...)

The prittiest was done for weekend, painting

SSL23915.jpg

SSL23917.jpg

This SLUF is PUTTY EATER ( I know there are much better kits )

SSL23913.jpg

SSL23911.jpg

SSL23908.jpg

Deleted air scoop,cut out and filled( a LOT ),my mistake I could done it much easier

SSL23918.jpg

SSL23930.jpg

SSL23931.jpg

SSL23925-1.jpg

I primed it with car spray,found some major errors,fixed them, and it vas ready for preshading!

I forgot to say I did some rescribing on some major areas

SSL23929-1.jpg

primed and fixed

SSL23933.jpg

masked canopies

SSL23934.jpg

HEAVY preshading! Greek SLUF's look very worn out

SSL23935.jpg

MM acrilic for the underside

SSL23936.jpg

SSL23937.jpg

SSL23939.jpg

Next three colours are enamels from humbrol , standard vietnam sheme , dilluted 50-50

SSL23941.jpg

SSL23943.jpg

SSL23944.jpg

Mmmmmmm....Yes,we have ,but I'm planing to do another Esci model,F-8. And I also have one major project( 48th Mig-21f13) with lot of atention on details so this is little relaxing. Oh yes and as you can see on some pics a FAV F-16,that is also side relaxing project,kitbashed from old revell and broken italeri kit,but that is another story...

Anyway,here ae some photos of allmost done A-7

SSL23951.jpg

SSL23950.jpg

SSL23958.jpg

SSL23956.jpg

SSL23954.jpg

SSL23961.jpg

SSL23959.jpg

SSL23960.jpg

SSL23964.jpg

SSL23967.jpg

Any questions?

Critiques?

Comments?

She looks great :thumbsup: ! Nice work on the camo, very realistic! This just goes to show you what can be done with some of these older kits. Well done. I have a question, did the Greek A-7D's maintain the USAF style refueling probe or were they deleted and/or faired over like on the A-7H's (essentially an A-7E as I understand it) they utilized?

Cheers!

Don

Edited by Don

OOOoouuuups!! THNX Don !!! That's one major thing that I forgot,although I'm not building it fully accurate...

Is this ok?

SSL23971.jpg

SSL23972.jpg

Small off topic

On my previous reply I was talking about this

SSL23973.jpg

SSL23974.jpg

SSL23976.jpg

I would like some opinion now , it will go only on my shelf

I will put it on critique corner when I finish it

Edited by POWERSLAVE

Great fix on the refueling fairing! Again, great work and it's nice to see these old kits being built instead of being relegated to the back of the stash piles never to see the light of day again.

Well fellows, it's done!! Of course it 's not perfect but I'm satisfied,it's for shelf.I don't know when will I start F-8,think I'll have time till March :cheers:

Also I would like to thank my friend r77 adder ,for providing me some stuff, seat, hobos's,idea and all of You for kind words and looking at my thread!!!

It was great fun building this old-fillereating- kit of SLUF

SSL23978.jpg

SSL23982.jpg

SSL23984.jpg

SSL23988.jpg

SSL23986.jpg

SSL23989.jpg

SSL23990.jpg

SSL23996.jpg

SSL23993.jpg