this is the kit i started long ago but never had the nerves to finish it.i have now restarted this build and i plan to make it better than the first one.this will have completly scratchbuilted cockpit and RV I PVO markings before 1992.

orao-01.jpg

25202mostar.jpg

Dragan,

Just a short note as this Orao kit producer. Since you have early kit release,you must to do some corrections on fuselage, under the air intake to have a proper line .

Just sand this "s" shape and move it rearward for some 10mm, find attached photo instructions.

Korekcijagrbetopa2_resize.jpg

Korekcijagrbetopa2a_resize.jpg

I do the same correction on my model, which is also from first batch of released Orao kits, look here:

http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index....p;#entry1866532

Compare gray and black underside photo on this topic and you will see the difference.

New kit release have modified this fuselage area, to correct shape.

Have a nice model build with this Orao.

Dragan,

Just a short note as this Orao kit producer. Since you have early kit release,you must to do some corrections on fuselage, under the air intake to have a proper line .

Just sand this "s" shape and move it rearward for some 10mm, find attached photo instructions.

Korekcijagrbetopa2_resize.jpg

Korekcijagrbetopa2a_resize.jpg

I do the same correction on my model, which is also from first batch of released Orao kits, look here:

http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index....p;#entry1866532

Compare gray and black underside photo on this topic and you will see the difference.

New kit release have modified this fuselage area, to correct shape.

Have a nice model build with this Orao.

thanks a lot,i will try to correct the intakes too,to make them more round..

• 3 months later...

here is the current state and progress.the fuselage and wings are joind but there are huge gaps that need to be filled.the cockpit is 80% done.i have also managed to make copies of the windhsield and canopy with thicker transparent plastic.hope you like it.

202-01.jpg

202-02.jpg

202-03.jpg

202-04.jpg

here is the j-22 primed and filled.i maanged to fill 90% od the joints and bubbles in the resin but still i have to make a few sandng jobs.resin kits are pain in the a@@ so build and i hope that this is my last one but something tells me that it will be one of the many in my collection.

202-05.jpg

202-06.jpg

202-07.jpg

resin kits are pain in the a@@ so build and i hope that this is my last one but something tells me that it will be one of the many in my collection

Same feeling building the AMX...

here is the J-22 with the pitottube scrathcbuilted from needle.i modified the horisontal stabilisers to represent the other type without the balast in the ends.now all i have to do is to add the horisontals stabilisers and the wing hardpoints and the detailing of the cockpit can start.

202-09.jpg

202-08.jpg

202-010.jpg

202-011.jpg

theese days i had little time to work on the kit so i managed to finaly get the fuselage joints and wing joints to the level that is aprropriate for painting.i still have to detail paint the cockpit and add the front windshield and the small mirror on it so i can start painting the kit.

202-012.jpg

202-013.jpg

202-014.jpg

Great work so far, I have one in 1/48 in my stash waiting for such an excuse to be built.

BTW does anyone know whether the model has any tail sitting tendencies?

this model has no such tendency,but i added led in the front for just in case to be sure about it.please start your model :unsure: