Piper Chayenne III

Even on the box it says "High quality resin kit" I was dissapointed of what I foud inside:

Yeah..but the RESIN is high quality!!! They never said the kit would be high quality..lol :monkeydance:

it looks like you have a long road ahead of you with this kit. I have always liked the Cheyenne so I will be following your progress with interest!

Sean

Yeah....the resin is high quality......what can I say....it doesn'help me much.

So as you said "you have a long road ahead of you with this kit" I thought a lot and I've concluded to modify it to look more like the real plane.

I've started with the engine nacele.

the baggage compartiment

post-1803-1265733030.jpg

post-1803-1265733041.jpg

post-1803-1265733055.jpg

post-1803-1265733066.jpg

It looks very nice. the Piper Cheyyenn looks like a very

intriguing Aircraft to build..Looks delicate but I am sure it must have some Power.

So are you definitely doing it just as the one in the photo.

I look forward to this lovely project.

HOLMES

bună seara

nice to see a general aviation model here.. that resin kit looks like a lot of work. :cheers: Where will you get the decals from? Especially those white stars look almost impossible to mask and paint them on!

The decals a no problem for me.....the stars are preaty easy.....I will print them on white decal paper only the shape of the star then cut them.....the only problem is to count the stars on the hole aircraft.....and put them in the same place :whistle:

And some progress with the tail. As you see I have added some quick putty to modify the shape and some styrene to look more like the real one

Since the resin is pretty hard material and the riveter doesn't punch the material very well Im wondering if the rivets will be vizible after I will cast the model in resin (pressure casting)

post-1803-1266828721.jpg

post-1803-1266828744.jpg

post-1803-1266828772.jpg

post-1803-1266828798.jpg

post-1803-1266828807.jpg

post-1803-1266828821.jpg

post-1803-1266828833.jpg

Edited by setal

You're doing some incredible work there on the Cheyenne, setal; the pounce wheel scribing really turns that flat surface around!! :D I have a feeling your project will produce the finest example of this kit I have ever saw!

Watching you as you go... :thumbsup:

Take care,

Frank

• 3 years later...