Academy 1/48 F-15I Ra am kit reviews

I believe there is a sale on...

I picked up this kit the other day and I'm impressed with it. It's the "revised" F-15E kit, ie the same as the recent F-15K kit, but with a couple of extra sprues with some Israeli weapons (Python 4 and AGM-142 Popeye) as well as some GBU-39 Small Diameter Bombs, although for some reason you get two SDB carriers but only 4 bombs (there are 4 bombs per carrier). It even has the F-15K sprues (for the GBU-38s) meaning that you get a couple of spare SLAM-ERs as well as a load of AMRAAMs, AIM-9Xs, GBU-31s etc etc. Decals are by Cartograf and are excellent. I can't comment on how it builds as I've not built an Academy Eagle yet, but I doubt it will go together as easily as the Revell E. That said, I'm very impressed with the contents of the box - there's a lot of plastic in there for the price.

Be advised...if you order this model from the online website at Squadron, you will need to enter the "Source" code on the back of your July flyer. The price on the website is $39.20, but with the source code it automatically changes to $20. I called them to ask if you must know.

Happy modelling.

at $20 it's quite a steal considering the weapons set that you are getting. i took the kit and built it, only main issue is the long cft pylons won't fit (as do all other academy f-15es). otherwise the cartograph decals sit down just perfect, and the weapons galore just leaves you spoilt for choice..

Is the source code different for everyone? I threw my flyer away thinking the price was automatic. If anyone can help me out, I'd appreciate it.

Aaron

Hey Aaron,just call in or order online.the price is now $20.00 dollars . I just did. at 7:42 Am

Edited by crazychinaman