Tamiya 1/48 F-16C "Arctic Aggressor"

Here are a few pics of my latest project, completed a couple weeks ago.

What went into this project:

Tamiya 1/48 F-16C/N Aggressor/Adversary

Tamiya 1/48 F-16 photo-etch & metal detail parts (pitot, AOA sensors, reinforcing plates)

Aires 1/48 F-16C/N Aggressor cockpit set (resin & p/e)

Quickboost 1/48 F-16 resin seat

Royale Resin F-16C (Block 1-32 Late) wheels and radome

Shull24 engine nozzle

Afterburner "Arctic Aggressors" decals

Mr. Color paints

some minor scratch-built details

Reference: the excellent Jake Melampy book "The Modern Viper Guide: The F-16C/D Exposed".

Cheers,

Eric

Viper001.jpg

Viper006.jpg

Viper007.jpg

Viper008.jpg

A couple shots of the pit without the canopy blocking the view:

ViperPit001.jpg

ViperPit004.jpg

Eric, as usual, I love seeing your work - nice clean builds. I can't wait to start actively building again so I can aspire to your produce models as nice as yours.

Really great work there. The pit does look the part, and that nozzle looks great.

I see you used a resin radome, is there something wrong with the Tamiya one?

Thank you!

There's nothing wrong with the Tamiya radome that I'm aware of. The resin one just saved me from having to deal with the seam as the kit's is in two halves.

Then again, I traded seam work for cutting off the casting block and fitting the resin piece! Also, the resin dome is solid so any nose weight you add must go

behind it, unless you want to hollow it out. Fortunately the F-16 doesn't need a lot of weight to stay on the nose gear so a few bits of lead

between the radome and the front of the cockpit tub did the trick, not to mention that solid chunk of resin which also helps keep the nose down.

Cheers,

Eric

• 1 year later...

Hi Eric,

I love this paint scheme and hope to do one soon. One question about the paint though. I have noticed on other models that the black in the camo scheme just doesn't quite seem to match the photos of the real thing. Yours however looks dead on. Maybe its just me but it seems more like a very dark midnight blue. Did you use a standard flat black, or something else?

Edited by godfrey1775
  • 5 months later...