Here you go. Eduard Su-17/22M3 built as a -17M3 of Soviet Naval Forces 1980-90. As many will know this is the already rather nice Kopro (now KP) plastic married to a shed load of resin, etched & colur etched (for the cockpit) in an Eduard box including masks & decals for five -22/17 (although be aware you cannot build a true -22 as the latter differed around the rear fuselage which was in fact wider!). You can also build a M4 OOB as the parts are there but no decals; Eduard have just released this version which I picked up recently.

No real problems with construction except the main undrcarriage on which I totally screwed up the door arrangement (it seems to short to accommodate the doors as they should & the lack of positive locations does not help). Fortunately, the underwing tanks hide my shame! :raincloud:

Eduard supply etched vanes for the nose probe but I left well alone as it doesn't look too bad OOB. I'll listen to anyone who says the airbrakes should not be open on the ground but frankly the fit is poor & attaching them closed would have involved a lot of filling, sanding & rescribing that I couldn't face.

The tan & red/brown colours are from the WEM modern Russian range; the light green is my own mix while the dark green is a US colour & the undersides a WW2 Luftwaffe colour (irony everywhere!). In terms of stores, the kit provides a centre line recce pod, UB52-37 rocket pods, tanks & ARMs. The arrangement for the three pairs of underfuselage pylons is not clear - I wanted to mount the tanks there but suspect that in this case only the two"centre" pylons should have been used whereas I had already fitted the front pair - never mind. The wings swing but you have to be careful & not do so too often to avoid splitting the forward glove seams. All in all a very nice kit, heartily recommended!!

_A230985.jpg

_A230989.jpg

_A230988.jpg

_A230986.jpg

_A230984.jpg

_A230982.jpg

_A230983.jpg

Dont underestimate yourshelf...the kit is not "Hasetamiyacademy", it took - for me - a lot of time/work/swearing in order to get something respectfull out of it...soooo well done, I like it...

Edited by zark
Dont underestimate yourshelf...the kit is not "Hasetamiyacademy", it took - for me - a lot of time/work/swearing in order to get something respectfull out of it...soooo well done, I like it...

Yes, I agree with Zark. This model is a real PITA to build (I confirm for the swearings ;)) and you did a very good job :coolio: . Too bad you pictures dont make it justice