Model / hobby shop in Amsterdam

Maybe it's just me, but if I ever go visit Amsterdam, I would probably look for establishments other than hobby stores. hehe.

Have fun.

Terry

Or failing that you could take a wander down the Canals and take in some of the sights, Canal strasse rings a bell....... :D

google it lol

Edited by TonyT

Going to be in Holland later this year.

The land of my forefathers.

Ik kan nauwelijks wachten! (Hope I got that right.)

Hobby shop, sure - I'm also thinking a necessary stop at the Aviation Megastore.

A land full of history and culture. Cool.

Edited by prowler4
Maybe it's just me, but if I ever go visit Amsterdam, I would probably look for establishments other than hobby stores. hehe.

Have fun.

Terry

Amsterdam is overrated, and right now it's 1 big construction site.

This model shop is actually located in a nice old rural village, that is unfortunately surrounded by commercial development related to Schiphol Airport.

Edited by THX1138
Ik kan nauwelijks wachten! (Hope I got that right.)

Pretty spot on. :soapbox:

Amsterdam itself has no real model shops left to speak of, these days. If you don't mind traveling a bit, in addition to the Aalsmeerderbrug LHS already mentioned (mentally prepare for a hurting credit card!), a nice place to swing by is the Militaire Luchtvaart Museum at Soesterberg:

http://www.militaireluchtvaartmuseum.nl/ar...dse/223/english

Cheers, and enjoy your visit!

Andre

Been there, done that. Great hobby shop...but is is right next to the Airport. Not sure what your transportation is and a cab will be $$$$. I took a bus once, got on it near the Marriott hotel at Leidesplein. Another time I took the KLM bus to the airport and jumped in a cab. Driver didnt like that much, they're al waiting for the fare to centrum. If you take the bus, look down the hill when you get off, the place sits below street level down a small hill. Have fun.

I love Holland but not impressed by Amsterdam at all.

Very fond of the coast up by Scheveningen, stayed at a great hotel there on the beach.

Julien

We'll be just a few miles north of that.

My uncle's buried at the memorial cemetery between Overveen and the ocean.

It's actually on the location where he and his resistance group were executed in '44.

Our trip is a bit of a pilgrimage.

We'll also spend time with relatives in Assen, Drenthe and Zuidlaren, just south of Groningen.

(Sorry we hijacked the thread.)

Thank's for the info guy's

It's just when I go abroad I want to try to find some hobby shops that have stuff that I can't get over here. I looked at the above mentioned shop's website and they seem to have some stuf for me. 1/48 & 1/72 figures etc. I'll just have to see if I´ll have time to go to them. Also the Militaire Luchtvaart Museum looks interesting.

Again, thank you :salute:

Grétar W. G. :wave:

If you want to track stuff down then you have togot the Aviation Mega Store.

I have got quite a few hard to find Haseagawa kits from there. Not cheap but I could nto find the kits anywhere else and their service is some of the best I have ever had on the web.

Julien

The Aviation Megastore can easily be reached by bus from Schiphol Airport, if you want some more detailed information, PM me.

I will visit Iceland this summer, starting in Reykjavik and traveling along other interesting places in the country. Do you know if the Icelandair coloured DC-3 is used for sightseeing flights?

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Icelandair-...11b7e087ce716a4

greets Jelle

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys. Sorry for how long I'm answering you. Thanks for all your help. Unfortunatly I didn't have time to go to the Aviation Mega Store. One of the staff in the hotel I stayed at knew about it when I asked how to get there. He goes there to buy stuff and he also said it was a good shop. He's in painting.

Jeele. The DC-3 isn't used to carry people. It was used to spread seeds for land reclaimation for many years and it still has the silo in it that was used under the seeds. There is also some problem with the authorities regading the changes that need to be done to it. But it will be changed some day. They are working on it.

When will you be staying up here and for how long? Have you done any arrangements for the trip? Where to go etc. Maybe we could meet. PM me if you want any info about your trip. As a matter of fact, I know two people from Holland that live here.

Best regards

Grétar W. G. :)

Hello Grétar,

I will be there from the 16th until the 28th of August travelling with Icelandair (I once built a model of an Icelandair 757). I travel with my parents and brother, and we will hire a car to see as much as possible, instead of staying in Reykjavík all week. Too bad I cannot drive by myself as the hire company requires the driver to be at least 21 (I'm 20 :deadhorse1: ).

We don't know exactly which places we will visit yet, but at least Akureyri and maybe the area around the Eyjafjallajokull (did I spell that right?) glacier covering the dreaded volcano. I will also look for an opportunity to have a sightseeing flight. Any suggestions? :worship:

How did you enjoy your time in Amsterdam? Did you also visit other places in the Netherlands during your trip? Too bad you couldn't visit the Aviation Megastore.

greets Jelle :stupid:

• 4 months later...

Hello,

I arrived today at Keflavík and I'm currently staying in a small apartment in one of the main streets in Reykjavík, right across of the Leikfangaland toy store and the Polar Bear Gift store. I'm very impressed by the Icelandic landscapes and the city of Reykjavík! The day after tomorrow we will collect our rented car and start traveling to Akureyri via Borgarnes. Tomorrow I'll take a walk to the airport of Reykjavík as I saw the Icelandair DC-3 standing there :P

greets,

Jelle