OH-58D Kiowa Warrior. 1/35 scale MRC Kit

Sorry Eastern but I meant an electrical bonding problem between the vertical fin and the rest of the airframe on one of the real aircraft at work last night. :doh: Been a few days since I have been able to do any plastic to plastic bonding. :hmmm:

KiowaFixer

Aha, you deal with 1:1 scale models. :) Envy you.

I hope you fixed your bonding problem nicely. ;)

Cheers!

Alexander

Alexander hi!

Wow! Wow! and wow! :jaw-dropping: This is realy amazing build :thumbsup: I do not understend how i could have missed it? :bandhead2: Bryliand scratch buildind , fantastic etention to detales! You are an artist mate. Superb modeling job :deadhorse1:

• 2 weeks later...

Hello guys,

Mareku, Boomstick. Thank you guys for your encouraging me.

Well, eventually I brought some new pics with me.

I finished the main rotor mast and the gear.

51947-98d17-54795282-m549x500-u0b288.jpg51947-353e9-54795276-m549x500-u9abe2.jpg

I added some actuators directly to the gear.

They are positioned wrong but I don't intend

to have the gear open to the public view with the "doghouse" removed. So I just made my work on the gear to be easier. :rolleyes:

51947-13cfb-54795278-m549x500-ubc254.jpg

I just added some parts (painted yellow) that are visible from the top of the doghouse.

51947-836c0-54795287-m549x500-ub06ae.jpg51947-a7aae-54795284-m549x500-ub3ebf.jpg

And this is how the mast looks like being fixed:

51947-dd65d-54795289-m549x500-u1eff6.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Cheers!

Alexander

Edited by Eastern
  • 3 weeks later...

OK did anyone know that this was finished? Please post some photos so we can enjoy your work. What other items did you make for the kit besides the MMS that we can spend our money on?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Floyd

Hi Floyd,

Thanks for your interest. When I started the build I thought it would be a quick three or five-month long "jorney".

But the more I was in the deeper was my plunge into it. More and more parts I've been mastering and it turned out to be more than one year marathon. Now all the improvements are done and available in resin on Zactomodels. Hey Petebuilt,thank for the linky.

No it's not finished yet. I just am eagerly waiting all those PE bells and whistles to arrive so that to add them here and there and get the fuselage halves glued together. ;)

So, I hope to have my Kiowa completed in a couple of months. :)

Cheers!

Alexander

Hi Floyd,

Thanks for your interest. When I started the build I thought it would be a quick three or five-month long "jorney".

But the more I was in the deeper was my plunge into it. More and more parts I've been mastering and it turned out to be more than one year marathon. Now all the improvements are done and available in resin on Zactomodels. Hey Petebuilt,thank for the linky.

No it's not finished yet. I just am eagerly waiting all those PE bells and whistles to arrive so that to add them here and there and get the fuselage halves glued together. ;)

So, I hope to have my Kiowa completed in a couple of months. :)

Cheers!

Alexander

I didn't even know that Zactoman had that thread started. There are just so many forums and only so much time. That is why I post in here. I'm in for two maybe three sets. The work looks great. I wish he had included seatbelts on the PE. Oh well I'm sure Eduard won't mind me having to buy their seatbelts.

This is great work and long overdue. Thanks to you and Zactoman for getting around and doing it. Phenomenal workmanship.

I'll PM you shortly with a request.

Floyd

I didn't even know that Zactoman had that thread started. There are just so many forums and only so much time. That is why I post in here. I'm in for two maybe three sets. The work looks great. I wish he had included seatbelts on the PE. Oh well I'm sure Eduard won't mind me having to buy their seatbelts.

This is great work and long overdue. Thanks to you and Zactoman for getting around and doing it. Phenomenal workmanship.

+1.

• 1 month later...

Hi Gents,

Here I go again with small update.

Being up to my top with my home improvement/remodeling I made some time to get back to the bench.

I received some Kiowa resin from Zactoman and I'm to share some in-progress pics with you.

Well, into the tail boom cone parts.

The parts turned out to be perfect. Zactoman is a real Resin Jedi. ;)

51947-df80d-56741762-m549x500-u95e7c.jpg

51947-5d736-56741764-m549x500-ueeaab.jpg

51947-c3257-56741768-m549x500-ubb03a.jpg

51947-2bfae-56741765-m549x500-uc700a.jpg

51947-1bee7-56741766-m549x500-u58a2b.jpg

And this is how the cone assembly looks like:

51947-04d48-56741767-m549x500-u9c4fc.jpg

And one more image. Now of the fuselage left hand side:

51947-ef259-56741769-m750x740-u3c5c5.jpg

Thanks for looking,

Alexander

:cheers:

Edited by Eastern

Did you need any further ref pics? I had access to a Kiowa Warrior this weekend and took a LOT of pics. It did not have the new gun system or the chaff/flare buckets, but it did have the new SATCOM antenna on it.

Aaron

Hi Aaron,

Thank you for offering.

Indeed, I would much appreciate your sharing some refers with all of us.

Some nice pics of new glare shield with the airbags would be welcome.

And some nice images of the universal weapon pylons.

Cheers!

Alexander

Here's the link Alexander. There will be another Kiowa on display at the JBLM Air Expo next month, so if you can't find a certain pic, or need better ones, let me know specifically what you want/need, and I'll get it for you then. The weather will be clearer then, so the pics will be brighter and better composed.

Aaron

Here's the link Alexander. There will be another Kiowa on display at the JBLM Air Expo next month, so if you can't find a certain pic, or need better ones, let me know specifically what you want/need, and I'll get it for you then. The weather will be clearer then, so the pics will be brighter and better composed.

Aaron

Great pics, Aaron. They no doubts are a great help for all Kiowa builders.

Thanks for sharing!

Alexander

Alex

You crazy man you are back...'bout time Mister.

Looking good as usual.

Oliver

:D Yes I am. But I'm not back completely. Just popping up at the bench in snatches.

My hobby takes a back seat for my home improvements and I can't help it. :tumble:

Thanks for the interest, Oliver. Often nice to see you.

Cheers!

Alexander