Wind Mark Su-33 1/48 conv.

I'm sorrx but I dont agree with you Petravu on the cockpit- I have seen nicelly built SOL pits built. Its bo Aire but Academy pit has a car like seat.

To spice things up, I will be disagreeing with you :banana: I think SOL cockpit was a terrible attempt. It was inaccurate and molding quality was terrible, actually worst piece of resin I have ever seen. When I saw it I immediately decided not to use it.

However, I have to say that I saw only copies of SOL Su-30 set not the Su-33 one so maybe it is just me and the copies I have seen.

Anyway, they are very rare and not in production so not that important... :coolio:

Edited by foxmulder_ms
  • 1 month later...

Hi, folks!

I recieved my Windmark set several days ago from Korea and made a quick look of it.

And hope to give you some ideas of this set.

I think it's a very well researched, casted, and arranged(resin blocks) set, and the test fitting is quite impressive.

http://www.thepmw.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=3133

HTH,

Yufei

Hi, folks!

I recieved my Windmark set several days ago from Korea and made a quick look of it.

And hope to give you some ideas of this set.

I think it's a very well researched, casted, and arranged(resin blocks) set, and the test fitting is quite impressive.

http://www.thepmw.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=3133

HTH,

Yufei

Awesome pic's Haneto with your lay out to show what you get, also considering the cost compared to what people are buying on ebay, this looks great my standard 115.00 isn't a bad deal.

Tonal :sunrevolves:

Wolfpack has another nose section and actually it suggests not to use Windmark one as far as I understand from the photos. Does anyone know what's up with that???

I can see that the retractable IFR lights are way too prominent.......

front_02.jpg

but, apart from that.......... ????

Ken

Thanks for the pics Haneto! This set looks more promising than the old SOL set. The casting quality alone is much better. I have the Wolfpack set on the way so I'm looking forward to it. The question now is when and where will your corrected canopy be available?

Cyrus

Edited by Cyrus Tan

Wolfpack has another nose section and actually it suggests not to use Windmark one as far as I understand from the photos. Does anyone know what's up with that???

Odd. Instruction sheet on Wolfpack site shows Academy nose fixed to their new front fuse.We all know how bad Academy nose looks like. I will stick with WM conversion and nose, afterall I already bought both types of Wolpack sorbtsiya pods and have aftermarket wheels from Equipage...other than that Wolfpack Su-33 conversioin offers only new wheel wells and I plan to detail those myself...

P

Edited by Petarvu

Easy.

Cos the fuselage from Wind Mark contains some structure inside to support the part in order to prevent distortion during resin cast.

While Wolfpack Design part is empty and ready to fit in their own resin cockpit, and also the Aires Su-27 ones with some modification.

53426728201105221549063617941031231_003.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

That's a friggin awesome conversion.

For the cockpit, are the only options now 1. dremel out the inside of the windmark nose and dry fitting in an aires/neomega cockpit, or 2. eduard PE?

su-27 canopies would fit right? (yes I'm asking this because of the upcoming Haneto canopies)

^^

What version of the su-33 is the wolfpack version trying to accomplish? I see late wheel bays and wingtip pods.

And what is unusual with that? Honestly i don't know the difference between late/early wheelbays, but more or less all Su-33's are from 92-97 or something. So it is late anyway. And wingtip pods (Sorbitsija) is very often seen on Su-33.