Contact RHINO MODELWORK

Hello;

HELP ME :crying2:

I bought on E-BAY the kit 1/32 F/A-18E/F SUPER HORNET SEAMLESS INTAKES Trumpeter produced by RHINO MODELWORKS with the 1/32ème,

I asked my wife to place order of two specimen.

It of with ordered only one.

I wrote a message with the salesman, who must be craftsmen to know when it would be possible of me to get another pair of it.

No the answer :worship: .

Little to be bed it this forum or one of you knows and will be able to transmit to him the message.

Thank you

Sorry but y dont speak english :tease:

Philippe BENOIST

Edited by philippe 09

FYI.....He NEVER seems to answer his ebay email.....

Currently he has no product up on ebay at this time (he did last week and I came back the next day and like 10 intakes were sold).

But every couple of weeks he puts his product back up, guess he is busy casting......

Wow, he does sell out quick. He had a whole bunch of stuff when I bought the SH intakes and a couple of the F-4 intakes on Saturday, and now it's all gone.

Like has been said, just keep checking eBay. I guess he casts up a batch of stuff, and puts it all up at once.

I have purchased many items from him and he always comes through. If you used the e-bay contact the seller route he will get the message. He may not respond but he will get the message. Hope this helps.

• 5 months later...

Yes, guys, you bought through ebay not the 'Rhino' intake sets and all over again,- just virtually pirated copies of the original DMold stuff but under a "Rhino Modelworks" label. Some of you probably remember a similar story which happened on ebay for a couple of years ago when a person whose name was Paul Miller was selling fake copies of the DMold stuff via his account on ebay. Now it seems the same story occures again but now all the same DMold sets are being sold not under a fake 'DMold' label, as it was at the past, and under the 'original' Rhino Modelworks trademark. As any fake stuff on any market he was selling them cheaper than original DMold products and needless to say his price for these stolen goods would be always lower of original prices.

I did have an intensive correspondence with this person during this day via ebay messaging system to clarify this question. Looking at the pictures of the stuff which he sells through ebay I have noticed some signs which looked very similar to my original products. These parts slightly differ from original by DMold externally but this is a very easy job to change an exterior of the parts and no special skills are really needed for it. Major questions I got were on the internal profile of the intake ducts.

I asked this person to send me 1/48 F-4J/S/RF-4, 1/32 F-18 and 1/32 F-4 intake sets in order to compare these parts with my original parts. But alas, after a long and shifty discussion from his side he has ultimately refused to send me these examples. A complete correspondence between me and this person may be downloaded from 'here' in a ZIP format. This is original correspondence which is being kept on ebay server and may be checked at any time.

So, now I can confirm that this is dishonest person at least and NO Rhino 'F-4 or F-18 intake sets' exist in actuality. All this likely is just stolen DMold stuff but which was being sold under the Rhino label through ebay.

I would be happy to be wrong but for awhile this person has demonstrated only opposite proofs.

Dmitri

Edited by Dimitri

I am sorry to hear that Dmitri...

You put in the time and resources to master the intakes and someone else just cast them. At least he should give you a share of his profits!!! Like royalty payments.

Harold

I would prefer if him gives me a full profit on these items, Harold, becouse my own sales of these products dropped practicaly to zero. Of course, we completely depend from our customers and customers would always prefer to purchase the same product but with a cheaper price and with some 'bonus parts'. And I don't know so far what to do with this 'businessman' from ebay. He lurkes and while I'm completely open about me I'm not advised even about a name of this person. All I needed to get from him now was to get examples of the products he sells through ebay but he has refused to do it.

Edited by Dimitri

I would prefer if him gives me a full profit on these items, Harold, becouse my own sales of these products dropped practicaly to zero. Of course, we completely depend from our customers and customers would always prefer to purchase the same product but with a cheaper price and with some 'bonus parts'. And I don't know so far what to do with this 'businessman' from ebay. He lurkes and while I'm completely open about me I'm not advised even about a name of this person. All I needed to get from him now was to get examples of the products he sells through ebay but he has refused to do it.

Maybe someone here can help you out with the parts. They may already have some and can loan them to you for evaluation. If you find they are indeed copies, post it here and other sites. I know the guys would be more than happy to help you.

Harold

I don't have either the Rhino or D-Mold parts to offer but if you want an unbiased third party person with a good eye to compare and evaluate the parts I'd be happy to volunteer.

Can somebody who has purchased the Rhino parts please send Dimitri their contact info?

And of course if somebody who has the Rhino parts is willing to loan them out for comparison, please step forward and contact Dimitri about it!!!

:cheers:

I don't have either the Rhino or D-Mold parts to offer but if you want an unbiased third party person with a good eye to compare and evaluate the parts I'd be happy to volunteer.

Can somebody who has purchased the Rhino parts please send Dimitri their contact info?

And of course if somebody who has the Rhino parts is willing to loan them out for comparison, please step forward and contact Dimitri about it!!!

Thanks Chris, I think that would be best for you to eval them too.

I don't have anything either.

I know you had an "issue" as well. I also found a few small items of mine floating around ebay, Not my castings, but definitely copies. (odd color resin gave them away)

Harold

And it would great if this person reports on this board that he send me examples of these products to confirm that

any pretensions to him are ungrounded.

Ah, you know he won't..he won't even come on this forum to 'splain himself.

Yes, guys, you bought through ebay not the 'Rhino' intake sets and all over again,- just virtually pirated copies of the original DMold stuff but under a "Rhino Modelworks" label. Some of you probably remember a similar story which happened on ebay for a couple of years ago when a person whose name was Paul Miller was selling fake copies of the DMold stuff via his account on ebay. Now it seems the same story occures again but now all the same DMold sets are being sold not under a fake 'DMold' label, as it was at the past, and under the 'original' Rhino Modelworks trademark. As any fake stuff on any market he was selling them cheaper than original DMold products and needless to say his price for these stolen goods would be always lower of original prices.

I did have an intensive correspondence with this person during this day via ebay messaging system to clarify this question. Looking at the pictures of the stuff which he sells through ebay I have noticed some signs which looked very similar to my original products. These parts slightly differ from original by DMold externally but this is a very easy job to change an exterior of the parts and no special skills are really needed for it. Major questions I got were on the internal profile of the intake ducts.

I asked this person to send me 1/48 F-4J/S/RF-4, 1/32 F-18 and 1/32 F-4 intake sets in order to compare these parts with my original parts. But alas, after a long and shifty discussion from his side he has ultimately refused to send me these examples. A complete correspondence between me and this person may be downloaded from 'here' in a ZIP format. This is original correspondence which is being kept on ebay server and may be checked at any time.

So, now I can confirm that this is dishonest person at least and NO Rhino 'F-4 or F-18 intake sets' exist in actuality. All this likely is just stolen DMold stuff but which was being sold under the Rhino label through ebay.

I would be happy to be wrong but for awhile this person has demonstrated only opposite proofs.

Dmitri

I can already confirm that Rhino Modelworks has Pirated my 1/48 S-3 intakes. This is the second time a "Business" has done so. The parts comparison has been done and is CONFIRMED. Ebay can and should be contacted. They do not support pirating. Word of mouth does work, as I have faith in our Hobby community. Once they are aware of the issue, they will not support such dishonest business to save a dollar.

Seems that resin pirating is getting a bit extreme these days. I have been told of a few items that are direct copies of mine being sold on eBay UK on several occasions and always by a different person. As far as I know, I am the only one who has ever made 1/72 Avro Vulcan intakes and wheel wells.

Dimitri, I feel bad that your stuff is being pirated again. It takes money out of your pocket and whomever is doing this has no scruples or morals.

On another note, when will you be making a trip up to Phoenix? I would love to buy you a beer and talk resin sometime! I may be heading to Pima in a couple of months as well. Maybe we can meet there?

Cheers!

Mike

I can already confirm that Rhino Modelworks has Pirated my 1/48 S-3 intakes. This is the second time a "Business" has done so.
Sorry to hear of your problems.

Have you personally contacted Ebay and if so what was their response?

The parts comparison has been done and is CONFIRMED.
Was the comparison/confirmation done by you or a third party?

I don't know if it would make a difference to Ebay, but I'd think a reputable third party contacting them might carry more weight. Particularly if the claim can be backed up with good photographic proof.

A lawyer contacting them would probably be best but I doubt any of us aftermarket guys could afford that...

Sorry to hear of your problems.

Have you personally contacted Ebay and if so what was their response?

Was the comparison/confirmation done by you or a third party?

I don't know if it would make a difference to Ebay, but I'd think a reputable third party contacting them might carry more weight. Particularly if the claim can be backed up with good photographic proof.

A lawyer contacting them would probably be best but I doubt any of us aftermarket guys could afford that...

I think there are several legal eagles right here on this forum. Maybe a letterhead would make them take notice?? (pro bono)

I had an issue with a foreign company several years ago. They accused me of doing what this guy is doing. I offered to send them a copy of my ejection seat and references I used, plus a step by step build up of the seat to compare theirs to mine.

One of our lawyer modelers happened to see the posting on this site, he informed me that he would be happy to take care of it for me. He also suggested I DON'T send the seat, they could easily copy it and then just say it was theirs to begin with.

I never heard from them again.

I now publish everything in progress on my photobucket site. Even if it never gets completed.

Harold

I had an issue with a foreign company several years ago. They accused me of doing what this guy is doing. I offered to send them a copy of my ejection seat and references I used, plus a step by step build up of the seat to compare theirs to mine.

One of our lawyer modelers happened to see the posting on this site, he informed me that he would be happy to take care of it for me. He also suggested I DON'T send the seat, they could easily copy it and then just say it was theirs to begin with.

I never heard from them again.

I now publish everything in progress on my photobucket site. Even if it never gets completed.

Harold

You know Harold, that is a good idea. When I was doing the Mirage 2000 stuff I had planned to release I had the gentleman from Renaissance contact me after someone said I was pirating his parts. Once I sent him photos of what I had and how different it was, he was very gracious and apologetic for accusing me. I actually appreciated that he cared enough about his stuff to contact me.

You know Harold, that is a good idea. When I was doing the Mirage 2000 stuff I had planned to release I had the gentleman from Renaissance contact me after someone said I was pirating his parts. Once I sent him photos of what I had and how different it was, he was very gracious and apologetic for accusing me. I actually appreciated that he cared enough about his stuff to contact me.

Sounds like he is a good guy.

Yes, It is a good idea to publish whatever you do on a site somewhere, that way it will be time dated and is copy righted once posted.

Even if it is something you are tinkering with. Saves headaches in the future.

Harold

Something else, if you and I are doing the exact same part, and we are using the exact same references and do similar work, we are going to have two very, very similar parts.

It can get a bit hairy, because of that.

We just need to be aware of our good guys and the ones that are ripping people off.

Edited by Harold

Yes, unfortunately most of dishonest guys (to say in smooth) prefer to use ebay for their sales. They appear there but disappear at any moment if neceassary to lurk from any troubles. This is exactly that way which this Rhino-guy

has opted for his 'business'. He wanted to be recognizable therefore ha has taken a proper name for him. But he wanted to be hidden at the same time. His website is dated by October 2010 but has never been completed. And about

at the same time he had started sales of these F-4 and F-18 intakes.

I did not draw a close attention to an activity of this guy on ebay earlier becouse during the last months I was busy with questions of my move the U.S. and was out of business during this summer. But now, since I reorganized my business and started direct sales via my own website I suddenly noticed that sales of F-4 and F-18 intake sets, which were always popular among community, are very slow now. That's why I was compelled to take a closer look at the activity of this 'competitor' on ebay only now.