Contact RHINO MODELWORK

Heres an obvious question. Do any of you own the patent to your product? By owning the patent means that you filed and paid dues to the patent office and had the masters listed up for patent. Because if it is not, then you are up shat creek without a paddle or toilet paper.

I have some of Rhinoworks ORIGINAL stuff, and his stuff is crap. Its not even well disguised crap, I had to throw that crap away. But he can make an awesome wheel well made to look oddly similar to Aires...I will attest that Rhino has been copying stuff due to the fact that his stuff is just...crap. However, nothing holds water if any one person here owns the patent to that specific design, and then its only a moral question...not a legal one.

So, let me get this strait…

If you’re like Mike V, Netz, Harold or Dmitri, and you try to support your resin business by:

1) Establishing a website for the company were you showcase your products, product plans and introduce yourself to just try to put a personality behind the company

2) Go to shows and have a vendor table were you put a face behind the business, showcase your products and maybe even display your masters so the customer can see what their getting.

3) Participate in modeling forums so your customers can kinda get to know you though your postings. What you know, what you think you know, are you helpful, do you answer questions, how you answer questions, etc.

If you do all that, then heaven forbid, have raise concerns that you work is being plagiarized and think you’re getting ripped off:

balls.jpg

But if you just sell through ebay, don’t participate in anything, maybe borrow a part or two when nobodies looking, change your ebay id once in awhile, guys you’re never heard of will come out of the woodwork defend you…

images.jpg

Look, I recall the story about The Emperor’s New Clothes, and I even question what those guys can see that I can’t, participation should count for something! Till the Rhino defends themselves, my money’s going to SH, AMS & DMold…

Heres an obvious question. Do any of you own the patent to your product? By owning the patent means that you filed and paid dues to the patent office and had the masters listed up for patent. Because if it is not, then you are up shat creek without a paddle or toilet paper.

Patents are not applicable to this issue. There is absolutely no way to patent a resin shape that is a scale representation of a bigger object. You can not patent a shape unless it serves some purpose and is central to the functionality of the mechanism or the device you're patenting. Not to mention that the costs of "patenting" a scale model resin accessory; even if it were possible; would have completely wiped out any potential profits.

I am not a lawyer (I am an engineer and a patent agent who had passed the USPTO patent bar exam, though), but I personally think there is no legal case here. As much as I find Dmitri, Harold and other upstanding resin manufacturers absolutely right; I think the sums in question are too small for any lawyer to take this up and bring a lawsuit to court. The best the good guys can hope to do is to send a scary-sounding cease-and-desist letter; which the other party would probably just ignore since they know a lawsuit would never happen. Hopefully the modeling community will do the right thing and support legitimate manufacturers.

Edited by KursadA

Patents are not applicable to this issue. There is absolutely no way to patent a resin shape that is a scale representation of a bigger object. You can not patent a shape unless it serves some purpose and is central to the functionality of the mechanism or the device you're patenting. Not to mention that the costs of "patenting" a scale model resin accessory; even if it were possible; would have completely wiped out any potential profits.

I am not a lawyer (I am an engineer and a patent agent who had passed the USPTO patent bar exam, though), but I personally think there is no legal case here. As much as I find Dmitri, Harold and other upstanding resin manufacturers absolutely right; I think the sums in question are too small for any lawyer to take this up and bring a lawsuit to court. The best the good guys can hope to do is to send a scary-sounding cease-and-desist letter; which the other party would probably just ignore since they know a lawsuit would never happen. Hopefully the modeling community will do the right thing and support legitimate manufacturers.

Thanks so much for your response. You are correct, the cost to recover any loss would be prohibitive. That is why I stated earlier, when this first hit me several years ago, I posted the offending parts compared to my castings. The guys here and on other sites spread the word and the guy on ebay no longer offered them.

I do check ebay occasionally to see what is there in resin. I still see some things that don't appear to be on the up and up. That is what we have to put up with from time to time.

Cheers,

Harold

So, let me get this strait…

If you’re like Mike V, Netz, Harold or Dmitri, and you try to support your resin business by:

1) Establishing a website for the company were you showcase your products, product plans and introduce yourself to just try to put a personality behind the company

2) Go to shows and have a vendor table were you put a face behind the business, showcase your products and maybe even display your masters so the customer can see what their getting.

3) Participate in modeling forums so your customers can kinda get to know you though your postings. What you know, what you think you know, are you helpful, do you answer questions, how you answer questions, etc.

If you do all that, then heaven forbid, have raise concerns that you work is being plagiarized and think you’re getting ripped off:

balls.jpg

But if you just sell through ebay, don’t participate in anything, maybe borrow a part or two when nobodies looking, change your ebay id once in awhile, guys you’re never heard of will come out of the woodwork defend you…

images.jpg

Look, I recall the story about The Emperor’s New Clothes, and I even question what those guys can see that I can’t, participation should count for something! Till the Rhino defends themselves, my money’s going to SH, AMS & DMold…

I understand what you are saying, but there are some issues here. The main issue I have is proving an accusation before publically making it. If Mike V and Netz have held an actual Rhino S-3 intake in their hands and compared it to the SH product and have looked at the parts in detail and can see unique features that are common, then that's good enough for me. However, Dmitri hasn't by his own admission actually gotten any of the Rhino stuff that he's talking about to compare to his D-Mold products. The accusations seem to have been made based on pictures from the web and an assumption who the person behind Rhino might be. If he would have come here like Zactoman did when Trumpeter copied his Su-27 stuff with pictures of his parts and the updated Trumpeter stuff and said here, here, here it's exactly the same, then that's one thing. But he didn't. He dug up a thread that was 6 months old and jumped in saying this guy stole my stuff without offering any real proof.

You seem to be making the point that as long as someone does #1, #2, and #3, they are golden and don't have to prove anything. They are free to make accusations and it's up to the accused to defend themselves and send the accuser their parts or master, or join this forum, to prove to the accuser's satisfaction that what the accuser publically posted not true. A lot of people seem to have jumped on that same bandwagon. And if you question that process, you are taking the side of a thief. Whatever happened to innocent until proven guilty?

All I want to see is an in hand comparison for the two competing products, not my pictures, not pictures off eBay or other photo comparisons (which leads to tons of arguments - as seen when Trumpeter releases a new 1/32 kit). If someone neutral like Chris wants to get both products in hand and compare them and report back, that's fine. Even if Dmitri gets the Rhino products in hand and directly compares them, and reports back that's fine too.

As I said, I don't think Dmitri is being malicious and does believe that his stuff has been copied. I just want to see a bit more hard proof for the specific items mentioned. I think this whole thing has been handled wrong from the get-go. Now with the possibility that parts may have been copied, but modified so that they no longer obviously look like the originals, getting parts in hand instead of using photos seems more critical than before.

I suggest we take a break from all of this and wait until someone trusted get the actual parts and directly compares them and reports back. Think of it as CSI:ARC.

Hello. I was curious to see how the 1/48 F-4E intakes from Dmold and Rhino compared. I recently bought the Dmold set from Dimitri recently. I do not have the Rhino in hand. My comparison will thus be from pictures. I aggree with Dave Williams above who said the best comparison is via both physical copies. So this may not be ideal. Nonetheless...

Disclaimer: I don't have any personal or financial ties with either party. I recently bought a pair of intakes from Dimitri, but that is the extent of my interaction. So, I am truly neutral and I hope I don't offend anybody in anyway, as that is not my intent. Also, I am not passing any judgement regarding whether plagiarism is present or not. I only wanted to record the similarities and differences as I see them.

I took the Dmold picture myself (left hand side) and the Rhino pics are from HERE

For all the original images, you can get the >> zip file here <<

In the following pictures, the LEFT PIC = DMOLD -------------- RIGHT PIC = RHINO

a1.jpg

I tried to study these two patterns in the port side intake plate. The Rhino pic (RHS) is partially occluded by the intake cover. At first, nothing jumped at me. After a closer look, I found some similarities:

A: The gap marked by the arrow seems to widen initially (15% into the channel) and gets narrower again.

B: The circled areas both seem have rivets that are somewhat shallower than the rest, based on the amount of wash they hold.

C: In the rectangle, there seems to be a problem between the 4th and the 5th rivet from the left. A similar problem seems to be with the Rhino at the same spot. However, the Rhino pic is of lower quality, so not super-conclusive.

D: For the matrix of rivets in this region, a small left-ward offset can be seen in the second row (bends south-west). Starting with the third row, a south-east turn is visible. A similar tendency is noticeable with the Rhino pic. The pattern I speak of can be reconstructed by connecting the dots column-wise in both cases. I am not sure, but this may very well be the case on the real plane also. I don't know.

a3.jpg

Starboard side intake plate. In both cases, the goal was to set the red lines as a visual datum and study the first column of rivets from top the bottom. A careful examination reveals that the way they bend east and west is similar throughout the length of the redline. Again, it is unknown to me whether this happens in reality.

a2.jpg

Both compressors have 8 sectors. Aligning the unique large separator to about 4 o'clock in both cases, the above pic compares the immediate left hand sector. Dmold seems to have 4 'valleys' or pockets where the wash settles in. The Rhino pic bears 3 such pockets.

a4.jpg

Underside shot of the port-side intake.

a5.jpg

Topside shot of the port-side intake. The point of view is a little different in the two pics.

a6.jpg

Top: DMols

Bottom: Rhino

The pictures show the differences between the fairings. Not very conclusive.

Again, I just wanted to share my observations, but I will refrain from any interpretations. I hope some of this can be useful to clarify certain issues.

Edited by Janissary

I think what Dave said is a good summary of how many feel.

Accuse away just have some "real" proof of your statements before you start shooting other than guesses and rumors..

To Me Dmitri has done himself no favors at all and many of his statements being wrong ridiculous or from a fantasy world.

I mean to say you can't adapt kit parts to make resin replacements??

I'd say 95% of the resin manufacturers would be out of business overnight.

Rule number one...Never miss an opportunity to keep your mouth shut..

If Rhino is pirating "some" stuff as it's clear already that quite a bit is original then sure let the community know just have some solid evidence first..not just rumor an innuendo..

Harold, it is actually very hard to prove that somebody have infringed your copyrights (if you copyrighted your product). According to copyright attorneys 20% change is mainly enough not to have a case. A copyright infringement is not something you can pop into small claims court about. The minimum award is $250,000 if I remember. So we are talking big money for court costs and lawyers. If you get ripped off by someone without enough money to pay and sue them, you'll end up paying the costs anyway. And all this you can start in case that you have copyrighted your product.

Hey bungy,

You and your posse may want to bone up, for starters:

http://www.templetons.com/brad/copymyths.html

Gene K

Little trivia first off. From Wiki:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Presumption_of_innocence

The presumption of innocence, sometimes referred by the Latin Ei incumbit probatio qui dicit, non qui negat (the principle that one is considered innocent until proven guilty), is a legal right of the accused in a criminal trial, recognised in many nations.

Given that this is not a criminal mater, merely a mater of determining which resin vendor gets your dollar, technically the burden of proof lies, well, on whomever you choose. With my money I'll leave it to the mystery person behind Rhino.

To Dave and the others...

So what it sounds like, if my TV gets stolen, before I can report it, I have to track down the truck in the alley it's being sold out the back of, buy it back, take a picture, and get a receipt...Then, and only then I have enough proof to simply report it's theft.

Like I said, presence and transparency ought to count for something. Till the mystery person(s) can be a little more forthcoming about the source of their products, my moneys goes elsewhere.

YMMV

Edited by Sabre Freak

I think what Dave said is a good summary of how many feel.

Accuse away just have some "real" proof of your statements before you start shooting other than guesses and rumors..

To Me Dmitri has done himself no favors at all and many of his statements being wrong ridiculous or from a fantasy world.

I mean to say you can't adapt kit parts to make resin replacements??

I'd say 95% of the resin manufacturers would be out of business overnight.

Rule number one...Never miss an opportunity to keep your mouth shut..

If Rhino is pirating "some" stuff as it's clear already that quite a bit is original then sure let the community know just have some solid evidence first..not just rumor an innuendo..

All over again.

Becouse of some reasons nobody of us, small producers, Sierra Models or AMS resin, Zactoman or TwoMikes do not have any pretensions one to another. But as it has turned out to be many of small producers have pretensions to Mr.Paul Miller from Mansfield, TX (and he is Rhino Modelworks) without any collusion. You still have not seen why??

There were not any clear comments from you or anyone else on the 1/32 F-18 set yet. Copied, not copied? Just a rumor, or guess? But we have already jumped to an another question.

Edited by Dimitri

Hello. I was curious to see how the 1/48 F-4E intakes from Dmold and Rhino compared. I recently bought the Dmold set from Dimitri recently.

I appreciate your effort to evaluate and compare F-4 intake sets. But all I can say is your approach to this question as above is not quite correct and incomplete at least. You should see and know more about these products in order to completely clarify a question on this particular set which came from ebay.

There were three 1/48 F-4E intake sets on the market: by Seamless Suckers (owner passed away one year ago or so), by Cutting Edge and by DMold. Remember, Rhino Modelworks does have NO one truly original product or part! If this an 'original product' then this is just the kit parts glued together. He is also inclined to combine all sets with parts from various producers.

So, think what this F-4E intake set from ebay may be?

There was NO sence to compare turbines from Ebay and from original DMold set, for example, becouse the set from ebay is completed with copies of the same turbines by.....

F-4J-ebay-turbine.jpg

But more important question is what the major intake parts from are. Guess, using the list as above.

But go back to the theme.

Since every F-4 Hasegawa kit is a bit different one from another there are different intake sets for every kit as well.

There's a line below which I addressed to this person in the correspondence via ebay system (I publish this line here already second time, - gentlemen, be more attentive before you go at this board with your comments or ideas):

"Thanks for notice! But why do you refuse to send me another sets for review which I asked about? In fact, I'm concerned to see 1/32 F-18 and 1/48 F-4J/RF-4 intake sets even more than 1/32 F-4 set".

Jannisary, I appreciate your opinion but where have you seen a mention about 1/48 F-4E intake set in this correspondence before you went to this board with your comparison of the F-4E sets?

I have seen the photos of this F-4E set on ebay. I have my personal opinion about an origin of this set (see a photo of turbines as above, for example) and therefore there were no special questions on this one (although this set is completely stolen as well).

A questions was arisen just about F-4J/S/RF-4 set. But anyway, a question on 1/32 F-18 intake set should be closed first.

Edited by Dimitri

Little trivia first off. From Wiki:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Presumption_of_innocence

So what it sounds like, if my TV gets stolen, before I can report it, I have to track down the truck in the alley it's being sold out the back of, buy it back, take a picture, and get a receipt...Then, and only then I have enough proof to simply report it's theft.

A very dramatic scenario, but not related to what's going on here, I think. The right thing is that your TV gets stolen, you think your creepy neighbor down the street has stolen it, you call the police, and they independently investigate and determine if he stole your TV. What seems to be going on here is: You think your creepy neighbor down the street stole your TV. You know it's him because 1) He doesn't come to the homeowners association meetings, 2) He looks like the guy that sold you a broken lawnmower a few years ago, and 3) you looked in his window and saw a TV that seems to be the same shape and size as the TV that was stolen from you. So, instead of calling the police, you plant a sign in your yard that says in big letters "Creepy neighbor down the street stole my TV!" so everyone who passes by can see.

It seems like many have made up their minds already. I'm still not entirely sure, but evidence does appear to be building up and I'm willing to be convinced. If a lot of these pictures would have been posted early on, it would have been more helpful than just saying so-and-so is a pirate.

Edited by Dave Williams

Hi Dimitri, I think you raise some valid points in response to my comparison. I was curious to see how they compare after your post here:

Thus, since the intake set by DMold is originally molded and does not have any commonity with the kit parts he could be sure that there will be an obvious difference between these sets. That's why he had agreed to send this 1/32 F-4 set ONLY.

But a completely different situation is with 1/48 F-4E or F-4J Hasegawa kits which do not have any plastic parts for the same processing at all. And about the same situation is with 1/32 F-18C Academy kit. Original F-18 plastic ducts by Academy are too narrow initially and can not used for creating a corrected set by any means. These 1/48 F-4 and 1/32 F-18 sets are also completely original products by DMold. And that's why he has refused to provide just these products for review, first of all. I don't consider copies from another producers.

note: emphasis in mine.

Reading this, I got the impression that your first and second mention of F-4 was to the same 'E' model. Hence, I thought you were claiming the 1/48 F-4E intakes were also suspicious. However, now I recognize the second F-4 mention is probably about the F-4J/S/RF-4 you have mentioned elsewhere. You claim the 1/48 F-4E intakes are still suspicious, but for some other reasons you have raised above.

Jannisary, I appreciate your opinion but where have you seen a mention about 1/48 F-4E intake set in this correspondence before you went to this board with your comparison of the F-4E sets?

You are right, from what is posted here, I did not see a correspondence with Rhino regarding F-4E intakes.

I have seen the photos of this F-4E set on ebay. I have my personal opinion about an origin of this set (see a photo of turbines as above, for example) and therefore there were no special questions on this one (although this set is completely stolen as well).

A questions was arisen just about F-4J/S/RF-4 set...

You make a fair point. In my comparison, I did not pass any judgement regarding plagiarism. Although I believe it is neutral and is clearly specific to F-4E only, I am more than willing to remove my above comparison if it creates confusion, as now I see it is not the main point of discussion. Please pm me.

Now the last picture you posted regarding the turbine faces. Without considering any of the discussions surrounding the topic, and based purely on the side by side images of the faces, I would be inclined to say that those two shapes share the same master. I can never say this with certainty, but if I had to, that would be my bet.

Lastly, Dimitri, I think you may have a point here and your case might be legit indeed. But I feel that the way you come across might be confounding your case. For instance remarks like :

A questions was arisen just about F-4J/S/RF-4 set...

(emphasis mine)

can be 'perceived' as accusation and judgement without hard evidence. Again, I think everybody is very open to form opinions based on visual and/or technical evidence (one of which could be your above turbine pic), and more of it would certainly strengthen your case, but I can see why people are also sensitive toward the way (style) opinions are presented.

Edited by Janissary

From Janissary's post seems like the rhino F-4 intakes are again a chimera or mix of pieces from different places. On the second set of photos comparing both intake plates, where he painted a straight red line you can see the pattern of holes and where they offset or aren't aligned completely. The most notable is from bottom to top, the second cluster of holes you can see the third and fourth row offset from each other on both samples. Also if you look a bit to the right on the third/fourth column that area the holes are shallower on both. Unless someone savy on phantoms come forward and say the holes in the intake plates have the same misaligment and miraculously both Dmitri and Rhino captured it perfectly I could say both would be the same piece, and which one is the original is up for debate.

As for the intakes, the panel lines and maybe even the shape don't match and seem to be from different masters.

The fan blades, from Jan's photos seems Dmold's and Rhino's are different from the blade count, but Dmitri's photo questions the origin of Rhino's fan blades.

Ohhh well in the end anything I say gonna go to deaf ears anyways. People will keep coming up with evidence of Rhino's using resin from somewhere and detractors will keep saying there's no foul in this case since there's 20% difference blah, photos can't prove your case, blah, [sarcasm] and I can see where this is gonna end: Someone will come up and say Dmold is the one copying Rhino's, oh yeah the evil Dmitri, who would have though!!! [/sarcasm]

Here's an anecdote from many years ago. Let's see, I also build model cars and visit another forum. This story relates to some photo-etch latches and pins used in model cars. I've bought from many different companies over the years, differing in quality from flat pieces of brass/steel to very detailed. One of the best and most detailed sets were almost mini-kits in themselves, unfortunately the japanese company that made them discontinued them and later were out of business.

Years later a new chinese company started making PE sets for cars and were promoting them in the car forum I frequented. They were pretty open to answer question about the car detailing sets and everything but I noticed one of the sets were latches and pins and from the photos of the PE fret & the folded and assembled pieces were exactly and blatantly the same as the japanese ones I liked, and even down to the instruction's diagrams and arrows, except the japenese text was substituted for english/chinese. I made a post in a neutral tone, on one hand praising that such a set would be made available, and on the other hand I questioned it's origin since the design, assembly and instructions were the same, but also I mentioned even if they might be plagiarized I might be turning a blind eye since they japenese ones were discontinued and the company out of business for many years.

The reaction from this chinese guys, lets say, it wasn't very friendly, from outright denying they plagiarized that japanese photo-etch, asking me to remove such accusations even though I provided proof by posting photos of my set and scans of the japenese instructions, reporting my post to moderators to simply being plain rude telling me to shove a certain male part into my rear end and eat cow dung.

Funny how I see some kind of parallel in the reactions of this chinese guys and the interactions between Dmitri and Rhino. On one hand all the PE sets for cars that were original designs, any positive or negative comments were received openly and had a good feedback/interaction from them, but just touch or cast any suspicion about the plagiarized latch&pins set and they turned defensive and outright rude.

Edited by Inquisitor

And we know this how?? I have seen his F-18 Feathers in 1/32 and they are "sweet" so where did they come from?

They came from a Korean company that used to make them as "MK1 Design F-18 Exhaust Nozzles (32001)". I'll tell you how I know based upon my own experiences, which I think will back up Dimitri's allegations.

About a year and half ago when I was making a 1/32 CF-18 Hornet, I came upon the Dimitri/ Paul Millar thread posted in this forum, where Dimitri claimed that this ebay seller was selling fake copies of his F-4 intakes. Since I had just purchased from Paul Millar a set of D-Mold F-18 intakes on ebay for my build, I became suspicious and compared them to some real D-Mold F-4 intakes I had purchased from a reputable supplier. The first thing that caught my eye was how poor the labeling was, notwithstanding the fact they were for completely different intakes. The F-18 label was poorly printed on paper as though it was made on an inkjet printer, while the F-4 intakes had crisp lettering on cardboard. Mmmmmmm...

So I contacted Dimitri directly and sent him photographs of the suspicious intakes and he confirmed they were indeed copies of his own with some subtle differences in the mold seams. Dimitri then sent me another set of his F-18 intakes (free!) so that I could compare them, so I posted this pic in my build thread...

Intake6.jpg

Shortly after "getting involved" in outing this imposter, I contacted Paul MIllar for a refund. He of course totally ignored me and shortly after this his ebay account was shut down, presumably by ebay.

About a year ago I started to see "Rhino Modelworks" resin stuff listed on ebay. One of the items that caught my eye was the burner cans for the 1/32 Academy F-18 kit, which appeared to be the same as the MK1 Design cans I had, but could no longer buy because they were out of production. Here's what they look like from the outside.....

Burner3.jpg

I tried to purchase a set of these nozzles from Rhino Modelworks, but to my surprise, they were "not available", at least to me. Although I sometimes have difficulty getting stuff shipped to Canada, this listing claimed worldwide shipping, so I was a bit perplexed. After numerous attempts to buy these and other items from Rhino Modelworks, I continued to get the same response, which I later found out was because I was "blocked" for some reason. Sellers on ebay can block certain other accounts if they have had bad experiences with them in the past. Since I have a perfect record of over 150 transactions, I became very suspicious that Rhino Modelworks was indeed Paul Millar all over again.

In order to acquire a set of these nozzles, I recruited a fellow modeler to buy the item on ebay and then I reimbursed him. I can tell you that they are identical to the MK1 Design cans above, right down to some subtle flaws on the inside of the cans. Further, they came from Texas, where Paul Millar lives.

So none of the above proves anything, other than circumstantial evidence that Rhino Modelworks has ripped off several original resin castings and is now selling them on ebay as their own. Since they have no website and you cannot contact them directly, I give the chances that Paul Millar is behind this scheme at about 95%.

I would like to draw an attention on such details as well.

Despite he has never shared by any his comments here (it was expected) he has continued to make his way by shifts on the ebay.

In particular, NO photo of these F-18 intake parts, as they look in the whole, were presented there all the time before. There were only few pictures of the intake mouth there and a couple of pictures showing these parts frontally. But such photo of the parts as they are has suddenly appeared there just after Dave Williams had published his photo of these parts here coming along his comment that '...this is not a copy of DMold'. There is a note only that Dave Williams has been wrong in his imagination about it and the parts copy the DMold set in actuality (by the hands of the same Paul Miller again!).

Note, no side photo of the F-4J/s/RF-4 intake parts has never been presented there as well.

He still have some possibilities for the shuffle and certainly will continue his way by shifts on ebay. Also I can bet he meditates now how to rebuilt these parts again in order to make them as unrecognizable as possible and therefore the sets which were sold before October (and their photos) may be ONLY (or mostly, at least) interesting for any possible reviews in the future.

Edited by Dimitri

Give it a few weeks/months and he'll be back. With the amount of sets he has sold over the past year it's big money to him(and for anyone else) to lose. At least the good people on here will hopefully be vigilant and alert the concerned people when he does re appear.

Give it a few weeks/months and he'll be back. With the amount of sets he has sold over the past year it's big money to him(and for anyone else) to lose. At least the good people on here will hopefully be vigilant and alert the concerned people when he does re appear.

It worked...at least for a while.

If he was on the up and up, he would still be there.

This is what happened several years ago, he leaves under pressure, and returns with a new "company".

Cheers,

Harold

It worked...at least for a while.

If he was on the up and up, he would still be there.

This is what happened several years ago, he leaves under pressure, and returns with a new "company".

Cheers,

Harold

Funny thing is, I just KNEW it was him again, which is why I tried to order a few sets from him to check them out. Prior to the D-Mold dust up, I had purchased several items from Paul Millar when he was a low key modeler who was purging his stash via ebay. I also had a few friendly emails with him back and forth and he was a very good supplier. His listings on ebay went from a few a month to suddenly several per week over the course of a year and then suddenly he was selling all sorts of hard to find Cutting Edge stuff and D-Mold products when many suppliers were out of stock. We now know the D-Mold stuff was ripped off, so I'm highly suspicious of the Cutting Edge products he was selling at the same time, usually for big bucks. He got greedy, hence the formation of a new resin supplier with no web presence or contact info, other than via ebay.

Next time- and there will be a next time- we'll be on him like a rash.