An-124 Ruslan Revell 1:144

Beautiful!

but where are the 500+ stencils? :D

they still wait :-) I think that this week they would be on place :-)

Sebeastijan is at your decal sheet, Aeroflot title in different shade of blue than blue stripes?

• 1 month later...

Very nice so far. I have the same kit in my stash and it is my plan too build the exact same livery that you are building.

This being said, i already noticed a fault with the decals regarding this livery. The decal of the russian flag on the tail is undersized. It should be about 30% larger, thats why i decided to paint that flag because it doesn't seem all that hard to do.

But once more, very nice build.

BTW, the tail decal is well suited for placement on 'normal' style russian airforce tails of an 124's. I have a picture of the 2 version parked together that shows the sized difference pretty well.

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Aeroflot/Antonov-An-124-100-Ruslan/1110605/&sid=50ef6bb37d4d4166de262597043c8ab6

Edited by streetstream

Mario,

Great amazing job! I've just found your thread. I have the same kit waiting to be built & looking at yours, it brings to me a crumb of confidence to me to tackle the project.

Which is really scary, is the size, the stencils, & what I had not ever done right... white paint!! - you know? I've been looking for a camouflaged version of the same airplane in order to avoid such task! It seems that I have a problem with that color!!

Right now I am moving to another home; next week I will be unpacking, & the question for these days is the best one... what project is next???

Thanks everyone! I was on vacation, without Internet :-)

Excellent Excellent build . This beast is in my wish list.

Thanks Vivkulan! Come on and buy one, kit is great!

Very nice so far. I have the same kit in my stash and it is my plan too build the exact same livery that you are building.

This being said, i already noticed a fault with the decals regarding this livery. The decal of the russian flag on the tail is undersized. It should be about 30% larger, thats why i decided to paint that flag because it doesn't seem all that hard to do.

But once more, very nice build.

BTW, the tail decal is well suited for placement on 'normal' style russian airforce tails of an 124's. I have a picture of the 2 version parked together that shows the sized difference pretty well.

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Aeroflot/Antonov-An-124-100-Ruslan/1110605/&sid=50ef6bb37d4d4166de262597043c8ab6

Is saw that too, after I put decals on.. now i just must to check did I put bigger flag of two from decal sheet :-)

Aeroflot title is also in wrong shade of blue :-(

Mario,

Great amazing job! I've just found your thread. I have the same kit waiting to be built & looking at yours, it brings to me a crumb of confidence to me to tackle the project.

Which is really scary, is the size, the stencils, & what I had not ever done right... white paint!! - you know? I've been looking for a camouflaged version of the same airplane in order to avoid such task! It seems that I have a problem with that color!!

Right now I am moving to another home; next week I will be unpacking, & the question for these days is the best one... what project is next???

John Thanks! WHen You look at decals on sheet that is scary, but when You start decalling, it comes very fast!! I think around 8 to 10 hours to put all decals :-)

nice m8.... got to come and see for my self.... :thumbsup:

You are Welcome, my friend!

What a great build! It looks fantastic!

Thanks twhite80!!!

• 1 month later...

Hello Mario,

Well this BEAST has turned into a BEAUTY so far and cannot wait for the finish.

SHE looks delightfully pretty impressive now that she has been dressed.

Post soon... :wave:

HOLMES :yahoo: :blink:

Edited by HOLMES
  • 3 weeks later...

Thanks everyone!! Its my pleasure to post here and show some of my works, and be inspiration for others!! Kit is huge and its pleasure to build it!!

Here is some progress: all decals are on, everything is painted, tail is washed! :woot.gif: End is really close!!

P1090503.jpg

P1090490.jpg

P1090496.jpg

P1090507.jpg

P1090510.jpg

P1090479.jpg

and one with decal softer:

P1090506.jpg

Thanks Andre, I never saw it in person, but can imagine what feeling produces when flying!!!

Here is some more, pictures taken by my wifes I am a spammer, please report this post. D7000 and SB900 flash... but I am not skillful like she :woot.gif:

DSC_5396.jpg

DSC_5393.jpg

DSC_5362.jpg

DSC_5363.jpg

DSC_5358.jpg

DSC_5357.jpg

DSC_5354.jpg

DSC_5347.jpg

DSC_5402.jpg

DSC_5401.jpg