Pretty Aggressive

Mike Reeves sent me the AFV F-5E as he heard through the grape vine that I was after one. Cheers matey :thumbsup:

And here it is. It's an absolute dream to build and even Tamiya could learn a thing or two from AFV when it comes to fit.

I used Eduards prepainted etch for the panels but wasn't to happy with either the colour of the gray or the flat lifeless surface you end up with . So just to complicate things for myself I masked of the etch and resprayed the gray. Then using very fine plastic rod, I cut it down and added all the switches. I'm really happy how it came out.

pictiger001.jpg

pictiger002.jpg

pictiger005.jpg

The fit of the main parts is just oustounding. The intakes comprise of about 5 pieces either side. With no filler and very minimal prep work this is the result I achieved. More than happy with that! (Ignore the white bits I neglected to brush them off. There just plastic shavings from a bit of sanding fitting the etch in the pit).

pictiger003.jpg

pictiger004.jpg

A quick push fit to see how big it's going to be.

pictiger006.jpg

Loving this kit that much that I'm having trouble to stop and take photos.

Hi Cop,

very nice one. :jaw-dropping:

How did you accented the cockpit?Oil washes were used.

Don't be shy,send those pictures.

I could see them through the whole day.

Regards,Laz

Cop,

Have you decided on some markings? I found two old sets of MicroScale Decals (A NASA bird and International Freedom Fighters) which were designed for the Monogram kit but they look like they will fit.

Regards,

That is one outstanding job on the pit, none better to my knowledge. Ya know mate...you're not helping my problem any with this excellent cockpit :whistle: . I'm trying not to desire so many kits, but when I see something like this it just drives it, and I see something else I just gotta have, will I do as good on my pit as you did, probably not, but it doesn't stop that yearning to get the kit.

Cheers guys.

Laz, your quite correct. It's just oil washes, with a bit of dry brushing. Clif give into the dark side you know you need one :thumbsup: . Cheers for tho offer Sharksmouth. Sorry i don't know your name. But I'm going to be going with the kit decals. Which strangely enough is the vf-111 Sundowners with sharks mouth.

Heres a few of more pics. The pit is done barr the joystick.

pictiger004_001.jpg

pictiger005_001.jpg

pictiger002_001.jpg

pictiger003_001.jpg

pictiger001_001.jpg

The canopy is just a friction fit at the moment, as is the Canopy retraction mechanism. So I can remove them to mask off the pit easier.

• 2 weeks later...

Haven't updated is in while as I ran out of paint. For some strange reason the girlfriend wouldn't believe me! May have something to do with the several hundred I have, of loads of different manufacturers but still no FS36375. I'm using gunze as well, for this build.l Which isn't readily available in the UK apart from one supplier. Who is out of stock. But thanks to a friend coming to the rescue I could push on.

This was all done freehand after a couple of beers

ba2fa73e.jpg

2df53dd9.jpg

c18ee87b.jpg

78a1683c.jpg

IMG]http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i51/Cop9885/F-5E/308ab7c1.jpg[/img]

6aff099c.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Nige.

Edited by Cop

This was all done freehand after a couple of beers

Thanks for looking.

Nige.

Hello Nige,

in this case I need to drink more beer...

My painting skills are far behind this level.

Very nice job until this point,more updates please.

Regards,Laz

Cheers guys.

Yeh I find the beers steady my aim lol.

As for the lighting it's a very simple affair. The main lamp overhead then two spots from my photo cube to soften the shadows from overhead and add fill light. Truth been known though, the spots lack the power to be used with the light cube so I'm looking for new cheap ones.

Here's a pic. Sorry for the quality I used my iPad. but you get the idea.

3903e965.jpg

Nige.