Jump to content
ARC Discussion Forums


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

About Tripio

  • Rank
    Tenax Sniffer (Open a window!)
  • Birthday 05/10/1976

Contact Methods

  • Website URL
  • ICQ

Profile Information

  • Gender
  • Location
  • Interests
    Scale 1/72,mostly jet aircrafts

Recent Profile Visitors

8,779 profile views
  1. Hello Giovanni, Any update on this? Regards,Laz
  2. Wow. How big is that monster? Very good skills in scratch building, amazing. Regards,Laz
  3. Hello, Nice job up to now. I would recommend Saggin' Dragon. I have made it back in the 90's from Airfix in 1/72. Will you rescribe the panel lines after the painting? Interesting technique. Regards, Laz
  4. Hello Giovanni, Any progress in the build? Regards,Laz
  5. Hello Mario, Set is in the scale of 1/48, the 1/72 set was very tiny. Maybe I am wrong but Sea Dragon seems to have more pronounced rivets on its surface. I have 26 metres to use,what I like especially is that there are different patterns on the sheet (double paralell rows and double rows with transverse pitch). Regards,Laz
  6. Hello gentlemen, In my last post I was talking about rivet replacement. I was completely wrong. I planned to use some HGW rivet sets to replace lost surface detail after sanding but those rivets can be used AFTER Surfacer with some Mark Softer. So I used all PE components plus I put some self made styrene details to the fuselage. Some pictures about current status. Tail with some details: Engines: Regards,Laz
  7. Of course I will follow. Regards,Laz
  8. Hello Juan, You have made a good progress. Did the resin cone make the difference? I am a big fan of resin things but to be honest I am not sure sometimes that the effort is really worth to change the original shapes. Keep the pictures coming. Regards,Laz
  9. Hello gentlemen, Mario, Thank you for your interest in the build. About the Eduard interior set problems: 1. Overhead panels are oversized, they will block the proper alignment of the windshield with the fuselage. Explanation: PE parts 67a/67b and 66 are looking different in reality then on the instructions. The end of panels (marked with red triangles) are sticking out with 2-3 mms compared to the edge of the transparent first section of the kit (canopy). That would equal a same sized gap on the top of the fuselage... As a solution, on the sides I moved the panels forward (red arrow on the canopy). In case of the middle panel I cut approximately 3 mms from the beginning and then I glued. 2. Also the intrument panel can cause a similar issue with its position: any leaning forward of the IP will block the same alignment. Explanation: bottom of PE part 2 should be bent slightly to give a tilt to the instrument panel. If you do so the top of the dashboard and the canopy will contact i.e. block the alignment. Marked with red lines on the pictures. As a solution I choose to bend back the instrument panel, otherwise I need to sand from the internal surface of the canopy (I was not dare enough to do so...) Sorry for the poor explanation,hope it helped. I need to tell that it could happen that all of these small problems were caused by the internal detailing job itself and maybe they will not occur during a "normal" build. As far as the "rod" is concerned it was made of from Evergreen rods/tubes in different diameters put into each other. Next update will be about the rivet replacements. Regards,Laz
  10. Hello gentlemen, Fuselage is closed, finally I maneged to close it without huge gaps, however there were small misalignments everywhere (all eliminated with sanding). I am happy that minimum ammount of puttying is waiting for me. As I supposed not much can be seen from the internal details. I am planning to finish the helicopter in storage position, with folded tail rotor. Size is still HUGE. Some WARNING for those who are planning to use Eduard interior set: 1. Overhead panels are oversized, they will block the proper alignment of the windshield with the fuselage. 2. Also the intrument panel can cause a similar issue with its position: any leaning forward of the IP will block the same alignment. Otherwise the Eduard sets are very good additions to the kit. Regards,Laz
  11. Wow. Nice engineering,well done. Regards,Laz
  12. Hello gentlemen, Thank you for your replies, appreciated. I am mating the main parts to close the fuselage. Left side with flooring together: With inserted roofing: I don't know what will be seen at the end from internal stuff but at least there will be something. Regards,Laz
  13. Very nice. I will never be dare enough to build a WWI airplane. That is awesome, congratulations. Laz
  14. Hello gentlemen, Spending almost 6 years on the shelf of doom I decided to resurrect and finish the build. This beast ate my mojo however I did it to myself... In the last few days I did the internal detailing on the fuselage halves. Sidewalls after the paint job (no varnish is applied yet). I consider all main parts for the internal detailing done. IMHO infinite number of hours could be spent to continue the detailing...These 4 parts contain approx 650 pieces of etched parts/wires/plastic pieces. Constructive criticism is welcome. Regards,Laz
  • Create New...