149th FW "Lone Star Gunfighters" heritage jet

The anniversary scheme of the 149th FW "Lone Star Gunfighters" heritage jet was too good to pass it up, so I drew the artwork over the weekend. The draft artwork and a color profile will be posted tonight. I will consider releasing this as a 1/72 & 1/48 combo sheet.

lsg.jpg_resized.jpg

lsg2.jpg

Edited by KursadA

Hopefully the economics of this sheet will work; and I will let you know here if and when the sheet will the released. Meanwhile, here is a draft. For the time being, please ignore the fact that the profile is armed and does not show the drop tanks: I had to repurpose an armed Block 50 profile that I prepared for another sheet.

gunfighters_draft.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks, I really did not need to open those links.....I will never be the same again :bandhead2:

Good looking jet though!

Edited by drhornii
  • 2 weeks later...

Hopefully the economics of this sheet will work; and I will let you know here if and when the sheet will the released. Meanwhile, here is a draft. For the time being, please ignore the fact that the profile is armed and does not show the drop tanks: I had to repurpose an armed Block 50 profile that I prepared for another sheet.

gunfighters_draft.jpg

I'm in for 1/72!!!

These sheets are finished and are on their way to the printer's.

The 1/48 version will be CD48009 and 1/72 will be CD72004. Estimated release date for both sheets is first week of December.

Pre-order links will be active this weekend.

CD72004

CD48009

cd48009_tn.jpg

cd48009profile.png

Edited by KursadA

I'd love to have a set in 1/48. I took a bunch of pics of it at the airshow. But at looking at you decal sheet, the nose and the base of the tail are not decals?

No, they are not. Using decals in those sections would not have given satisfactory results; and the scheme is very easy to paint with some masking. The instructions will have detailed illustrations that show the masking lines.

No, they are not. Using decals in those sections would not have given satisfactory results; and the scheme is very easy to paint with some masking. The instructions will have detailed illustrations that show the masking lines.

Ok cool. Will you have the color callouts for it as well?

• 2 weeks later...

gunfighters_draft.jpg

The jet was armed similar to what you have here when it was at the San Antonio Airshow.