Luftwaffe Camou

Normally I'm into blowtorches and kerosene burners, however there are those Warbirds from the big one are very much to my liking, Mustangs, Spits, Butcher birds, etc. I'm about to dive into a RoG 1/48 Messy G-10 variant. With that in mind I went searching for camou patterns and colors, since we all have an undying trust in the kit callouts :whistle: . In my search I found this, you major prop kids may already know of it, but to me it's a gold mine. Check out [Removed due to common decency and the way this website operates and acquires it's content]. I've got it booked. BTW are there any notes on a pad I should know of, like fit issues etc. Markings not correct?

enjoy if not just tell me it's old news :) .

Edited by #1 Greywolf

Has anyone done the RoG G-10?, if so how anatomically correct is it. If there are major flaws please inform me if it's minor stuff like the tail wheel .5mm too small that's not a worry if the cowling is off, that's another matter altogether.

Edited by #1 Greywolf

Has anyone done the RoG G-10?, if so how anatomically correct is it. If there are major flaws please inform me if it's minor stuff like the tail wheel .5mm too small that's not a worry if the cowling is off, that's another matter altogether.

1/48th RoG G-10 is a classic, they did a pretty good job overall IIRR....biggest issue I think in the tailwheel needs to be changed for the kit decals but it's a minor thing....build it and enjoy it

What are we looking at, raised or recessed lines? I've been tempted to pick this one up as well.

Aaron

Recessed, cockpit is a bit sparse and canopy a tad thick but workable OOB or plenty of aftermarket to dress it up if you want.

Only reason I don't have any in the stash right now is they all skipped town for Iraq a couple years ago :P (I hate it when kits run away from you like that :P )

The Revell kit is (for me anyway) a nice trouble-free build. As mentioned above the cockpit it a bit sparse, but there are available aftermarket bits to dress it up if you feel the need. There's also stacks of aftermarket decals available as well. I think if you just build it and not worry about the little details here and there you'll like it, I've built at least 3 of them and never had any problems, and IIRC I used very little filler on any of them.

They do have the advantage of being (relatively) cheap as well. Another good alternative is the Hobbycraft/Academy series of 109s.

I've built one of them and it's a great kit.

Not too sure about the accuracy but I don't believe I used any filler either.

The new ones seem to have some canopy issues, you may want to get an aftermarket replacement.

The newest releases also have way better decals.

I have 2 of the older boxings and the decals are fairly sparse compared with the new ones. The canopy in the older boxings are way better too.

Oh, and the old ones are molded in green plastic. Yuch

Kevin

At the time this kit was first released, the outline and details compared very closely with the drawings in the J R Beaman book on the 109. There were line drawings of all the various -G types, in the 3 most popular scales, being 1/72, 1/48, and 1/32. For many years, this book was accepted as THE most definitive work on late 109s. Truth to tell, except for the too thick canopy, and simplified interior, my only gripe is the cast in non-posable flaps and leading edge slats. These items are almost always deployed to some extent or the other, on parked 109s Hal Sr

…In my search I found this, you major prop kids may already know of it, but to me it's a gold mine. Check out Luftwaffe Markings and stuff.

Well…

Those pics are obviously scans from a printed book. I wonder what the copyright situation is…

Also, red text on black background is possibly the worst choice for readability (except for dark blue on black).

I'm a bit concerned that the page is a rip-off from a published work. I couldn't find any info on the origins of the artwork.

/Joachim

Those photo's were taking from the book(s): Messerschmitt Me 109 Vol 1 & 2 by Anis El Bied & Andre Jouineau

Two very nice books that show a fairly wide variety of paint schemes for the 109, although Asisbiz probably does have some copyright issues posting material that they did not create.

Greg

Well…

Those pics are obviously scans from a printed book. I wonder what the copyright situation is…

Also, red text on black background is possibly the worst choice for readability (except for dark blue on black).

I'm a bit concerned that the page is a rip-off from a published work. I couldn't find any info on the origins of the artwork.

/Joachim

Your concerns are justified. Falkeeins (Neil Page) had a run in with this site a while ago. Here's a link to the relevant page of his blog.

http://falkeeins.blogspot.com/search?q=asisbiz

'Mathew' seems like a charming fellow,though 'get f***ed' does lack imagination!

Cheers

Steve

Those photo's were taking from the book(s): Messerschmitt Me 109 Vol 1 & 2 by Anis El Bied & Andre Jouineau

Two very nice books that show a fairly wide variety of paint schemes for the 109, although Asisbiz probably does have some copyright issues posting material that they did not create.

Greg

My apologies to all, I had no idea that the content had been posted in an underhanded manner. Had I known of this prior to my posting; it never would have happened

No worries in the least. As said, both volumes of the books are decent enough albeit difficult to find on the market anymore. I do have both, however, so if you are looking for some ideas on your G-10 just PM me and I can do some research for you.

Best,

Greg