P-61 and Skyraider in 1/32 scale on IPMS phillipines

Hey Terry,

Kinda figured this would get your attention.....;)

More curious about the release date the MSRP......hang the expense....gonna have this one, regardless....

Happy modeling,

Jim

Anyone else look at the rudder and the tail where the rudder attaches and think it looks way too curved? I know it's not straight on the real aircraft, but that looks like a little too much especially in the middle of the tail.

Edited by muswp1

Anyone else look at the rudder and the tail where the rudder attaches and think it looks way too curved? I know it's not straight on the real aircraft, but that looks like a little too much especially in the middle of the tail.

Don't know about that but, they blew it with the 4 drop tanks. P-61As(early ones) did NOT carry drop tanks. there weren't any hard points on the wings. The first P-61s to have hard point for tansk or bombs were the P-61A-11s and then only two- - between the boom and the crew nacelle only. Also the Ailerons have the wrong hinges. Thats the same hokey setup that the old Airfix kit had.

I noticed they didn't have sprues for the engines or props either. Be interesting to see what the rest of the kit looks like.

Cheers, Terry

(Certifiable P-61 NUT!!)

Just took another look at the rudders- - -they're fine. While the separate control surfaces are a nice touch, control surfaces on the P-61 would normally be centered as part of the shutdown proceedure was to center the controls and lock them. Flaps were a different story, they could be anywhere from full up to full down.

Cheers, Terry

I've seen the Skyraider advertised. It runs around $300US and the photoetch with the weapons set another $150US. I paid $250 for my 1/6 (100" span) Fiberglass RC kit. I love the Raider. However I will sit this one out. Indefinitely. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Zoukei-Mura-1-32scale-DOUGLAS-A-1H-SKYRAIDER-U-S-NAVY-Plastic-model-kit-/170837611354?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27c6b7135a#ht_6065wt_952

Edited by Otto

I've seen the Skyraider advertised. It runs around $300US and the photoetch with the weapons set another $150US. I paid $250 for my 1/6 (100" span) Fiberglass RC kit. I love the Raider. However I will sit this one out. Indefinitely. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Zoukei-Mura-1-32scale-DOUGLAS-A-1H-SKYRAIDER-U-S-NAVY-Plastic-model-kit-/170837611354?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27c6b7135a#ht_6065wt_952

Or you can buy it from the actual US vendor for $141.

http://www.volksusa.com/super-wing-series-no-03-skyraider.html

And an extra $84 for all three PE sets and the weapons set.

Or you can buy it from the actual US vendor for $141.

http://www.volksusa.com/super-wing-series-no-03-skyraider.html

And an extra $84 for all three PE sets and the weapons set.

Ditto and it's the Zokei Mura kit, not a Trumpeter kit. Anyone who would spend $300 on a currently available kit that retails from the distributor for less than half that has more money than good sense. I'm waiting for the Z-M A-1J and/or the A-1E

From Cybermodeler:

Trumpeter A-1D Skyraider 32

Trumpeter A-1E Skyraider 32

Zoukei-Mura A-1E Skyraider 32

Trumpeter A-1H Skyraider 32

Trumpeter A-1J Skyraider 32

Zoukei-Mura A-1J Skyraider USAF 32

looks like we'll be able to pick and choose which one(s) we want.

Jari

From Cybermodeler:

Trumpeter A-1D Skyraider 32

Trumpeter A-1E Skyraider 32

Zoukei-Mura A-1E Skyraider 32

Trumpeter A-1H Skyraider 32

Trumpeter A-1J Skyraider 32

Zoukei-Mura A-1J Skyraider USAF 32

looks like we'll be able to pick and choose which one(s) we want.

Jari

getsmileyCAMPQHPO.gifhummm so many!

I'm with you, Jim, Hang the expense, this one is at the top of my "Must Have" list.

From looking at the test shot photo, it looks like Trumpy might be planning multiple variants.

Cheers, Terry

(Certifiable P-61 NUT!!)

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE do an F-15A Reporter!!! :pray:

Larry

• 3 months later...