I still have some work to do on the cockpit to seal some seams and finish the HUD housing. I plan on getting True Details KM-1 seat started this weekend along with some progress on the wing housing, thanks to Zatoman. My kit somehow came with two of the same wings; Zatoman lent a spare wing to me until I can procure a replacement. That being said I will continue to give shameless plugs to Zatoman for his generous help.

I'm not going to arm this for bear but a few missiles are required.

Mig-23196.jpg

I still have some seam work to do on the tanks but the missiles are ready for paint.

The engine intake housing fits together really well but there is a seam that needs to be filled and sanded.

Mig-23201.jpg

Mig-23197.jpg

Mig-23202.jpg

Mig-23200.jpg

Edited by Flush
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks to Zactoman I have both Wings I need, as my Trump kit came with two of the same wings. I am still working with my Chinese supplier to get the "D" sprue. They were kind enough to send me a replacement sprue but unfortunately they sent me another "E" sprue so now I have three of those and I am still trying to get the "D"sprue from them so I can send it back to Zatoman.

Mig-23191.jpg

My plan right now is to have the wings and flaps extended. I am still looking for some good photos of Mig-23s with their flaps extended.

Zactoman's splitters are beautiful as always, here are some pictures with them beside the kit parts.

Mig-23214.jpg

The intake trunks is missing a panel line that I'm rescribing right now, I'll get pictures of that next week when I get back from fishing in Alaska.

The kit instructions have you put the wings, intake tubing, and folding gears in place prior to gluing to the fuselage. This will leave large gaps, the process will take a lot of dry fitting to get proper alignment. So the current plan is to paint the inside of the intakes, glue Zatoman parts in place then the bottom portion of the wing base, then intakes, then wings, gears, and top portion to seal it all up.

• 2 weeks later...

Nice. Iraqi floggers look awesome. Did they use the Exocet on Iranian ships or was it just an experiment?

I'm really intrested on seeing the canopy on that 23, since I haven't had this Trumpeter in my hands. Anyway, good work, can't wait to see more...

• 4 weeks later...