ok so i love the A-4 skyhawk and i have a few in 1/48 and one i really whant to do is a blue angels one but i really need help with it so the qustion is did there a-4's were they part of the SUPER fox conversion? and if so where the intakes bulged and where can i get a pair in 1/48 scale?

You'll find the Q-sprue with the larger intakes in the Blue Angels and the Adversary boxings of the early (B through to F versions) as well as all M-series boxings. I also seem to remember that Cutting Edge released a set to modify the first releases of the Hasegawa kit.

Mind you, unless you look very closely I doubt you'll be able to tell the difference between the two different types.

HTH

Bjarne

You'll find the Q-sprue with the larger intakes in the Blue Angels and the Adversary boxings of the early (B through to F versions) as well as all M-series boxings. I also seem to remember that Cutting Edge released a set to modify the first releases of the Hasegawa kit.

Mind you, unless you look very closely I doubt you'll be able to tell the difference between the two different types.

HTH

Bjarne

It's hard to see from the side. It's obvious when viewed from above. See http://tailspintopics.blogspot.com/2011/02/super-fox.html (you'll have to copy and paste - the link feature wasn't working)

The 1/48 Promodeler A-4E/F Blue Angels kit is a re-boxed Hasegawa A-4E/F Skyhawk without the larger intakes but it has just about everything to make a Blue Angels Skyhawk.

You can get/find the larger intakes in the other kits mentioned above (or the Cutting Edge Super Fox resin update) however the built-in boarding step bullet fairing is found in the two-seat TA-4J kits. It's easy to scratchbuild with plastic rod though or ask other modelers for spares. I think you get two of the fairings in the TA-4J kit.

I'm building a Blue Angels A-4F Skyhawk out of the Promodeler kit. :D

Edited by PlasticWeapons

and you really do want that sprue, don't listen to the "you might not see it posts"

if you fill seams and sand down any humps or lumps to get a smooth finish before you paint,,,,,,you can see those thickness differences in the intake parts,,,,,,even in 1/72

The 1/48 Promodeler A-4E/F Blue Angels kit is a re-boxed Hasegawa A-4E/F Skyhawk without the larger intakes but it has just about everything to make a Blue Angels Skyhawk.

Other than the intakes, you also need the boarding ladder housing that goes in the left wingroot cannon port. It is not included in the Promodeler kit, but the Hasegawa Blue Angel boxing has a white metal one, and all the TA-4 boxings have it in plastic.