Masks for F-38A or B...which one first?

I'm going to take the plunge and start working on masks for all the RAM panels on the Kittyhawk F-35's. Unfortunately, the panels are different between the two models. So, which would you like to see first? The A or the B? I'd love some input, because this is going to take A LOT of time to do!

Darren,

Quick question on your RAM panel mask, are you going to do the panels in segments or as one piece per panel?

Steven L :unsure:/>

Good question. I'm not sure yet. The plan is to do at least the smaller ones as one piece. Since the shapes are rather thin, it's probably a good idea to cut them up and make them multi-piece, but as few pieces as possible. Next time I'm up at Sprue Brothers I'm going to pick up a kit and start work. We'll see which way works best.

Both A bad B on same sheet?

I think there are too many shapes to fit. I suppose if I can get them on a sheet and a half, that might work. Cost is the prohibitive factor. Each vinyl sheet costs around $8 to get cut. After other expenses, I make around $5/sheet, which looking at the investment of time, isn't all that much. But, I enjoy doing it and I treat it like an extension of my hobby. Plus, it helps out other modelers.

I think if the A and the B released at the exact same, the majority of the people would have grabbed the A model first. I really think the B model was only so popular because it came out months before the CTOL, so it was the only game in town. Not saying it's a bad kit, but even with all the stuff opened up, it's kind of a oxymoron on itself (weps bay doors / lift fan, engines opened at the same time) No doubt, it does look very cool. But if the A would have released first, then I wouldn't have owned the B as I do now.