looks like I'm closing up shop for a while

Well, it looks like I'll need to stop building models for at least a few months. We have decided that we have out grown my current abode and need to start looking for a bigger place soon. Right now we live in a 2 bedroom + den condo, and we'll be looking for a house/townhouse with 3 bedrooms and a den; preferably on the subway line and with no yard.

This means: we'll start frantically de-cluttering the condo in December, list it on the market in January, and look for a new place sometime in 2014. While the condo is listed, we'll move in with my in-laws so we won't get in the way of potential shoppers visiting.

All this means there will be no time and space for building models; my trusty old Ikea side table that has served as my workbench needs to be thrown away (its sorry state doesn't help with staging the condo). Building models at the in-laws is out of the question - no space and they won't like the fumes LOL.

On one hand I'm not looking forward to the hectic packing and moving. On the other hand I'm excited about moving to a newer bigger place in the near year for the family! Yes, including a new man cave with home office and work bench!

Terry

What part of the city are you in? I'm amazed that anyone can even afford to live in Toronto... I'm sweating it with every lousy pay period, living in a very small one bedroom basement apartment. We're in the Annex though; but still....?

We're leaving the city ourselves in a few weeks time as well.

Good luck with your search.

edit: poor syntax

Edited by skidbuggy

What part of the city are you in? I'm amazed that anyone can even afford to live in Toronto...

We're currently in Etobicoke. Planning to stay within this neighbourhood.

A friend of mine once bought a small 60's camp trailer, gutted it out and made a small shop outta it. He parked it in the yard and bob's yer uncle. :rolleyes:/>

That's cool. Not sure how well it'd work in the Canadian winters, though.

Terry