Best 1/72 scale Skyraider kit?

Like other said, Hasegawa. But the cockpit is very basic and plain though, you could upgrade the pit with the CMK or Aires set. But both sets come with the bucket seat, no Yankee seat, I think. If that is your desire, scratch building is your only option, I'm afraid. Unless you can find the long OOP KMC set. KMC had an excellent resin set in the days, in both 1/48 and 1/72.

Another annoying thing with the Hase kit is the wrong prop shape. They're way too skinny, and doesn't have the oval shape. That said, it's still best kit out there.

The fujimi kit is closer to 1/70 scale and very basic. The Hobbycraft kit is I believe a revising of tskuda's old and basic kit. IMO with the Hase kit around there is no reason to bother with any of the others.

I have built a few and always rely on Hobbycraft, mainly because the

Hasegawa is always way overpriced and hard to come by. For a bit of

time and a little scratch building I can't see why spend the money

when the HC kit can be made just as good, that's if you like a bit of

scratch building and spending some extra time.---John

The Airfix AD Skyraider may actually be the most accurate in terms of basic shape except for the canopy, which appears to be undersized (it's also pretty thick). For example, it has the vertical fin angled slightly to the left. However, after that the kit is pretty simplistic in detail except for a plethora of raised panel lines and rivets. The wings can be built folded (in fact foldable) but the outer wing panels don't fit very well when spread and the fold joint exposed when the wings are folded clearly marks it as a toy.

The canopy may have relied on a Douglas drawing prepared for display models that depicts a smaller canopy than on other of the company's AD drawings. See http://tailspintopics.blogspot.com/2014/02/the-widebody-skyraider-redux.html

The Airfix kit also has some shortcomings around the engine cowling. I was about to add something in its favour - no, it isn't as good as the Hasegawa but has to outclass the Fujimi and indeed the equally unmentioned Monogram.

The Airfix kit also has some shortcomings around the engine cowling. I was about to add something in its favour - no, it isn't as good as the Hasegawa but has to outclass the Fujimi and indeed the equally unmentioned Monogram.

Monogram was unmentioned, because it does not apply here. The OP is interested in the single-seater, not the family model.