The Duke Boys are back!

Just good ol' boys, wouldn't change if they could, fightin' the system like two modern day Robin Hoods. Yeeeeeehaaaaaaaaa...

Loved the TV show, thumbs down on the movie....even with Jessica in it.

I've heard that many classic car buffs hate that show, because so many original Chargers were destroyed during filming. Basically they wrote one off every time they did one of those jumps. Of course back then they were just old cars, and I'm assuming still fairly plentiful (only a dozen years old or so.) Probably much cheaper to just slap a quick coat of paint on an original and wreck it than make replica bodies and put them on junk chassis.

SN

I've heard that many classic car buffs hate that show, because so many original Chargers were destroyed during filming. Basically they wrote one off every time they did one of those jumps. Of course back then they were just old cars, and I'm assuming still fairly plentiful (only a dozen years old or so.) Probably much cheaper to just slap a quick coat of paint on an original and wreck it than make replica bodies and put them on junk chassis.

SN

These days workplace safety plays a part too. That old banger they were driving wasn't the jump car, that would be a stand-in.

http://www.cinemavehicles.com/search_hollywoodmoviecars.asp

Good stuff in that link.

G

I LOVED that TV show :thumbsup: ! There is a guy in the local auto club here who has a Charger painted up like the General Lee...complete with all markings and even "Dixie" playing from the horn. It looks and sounds awesome. I really need to make a model of it for something different.

Good memories.

What's wrong with a Viper?

Viper is a cool car indeed. But if you know the show and are a Hazard County, Boars Nest patron...you want a Charger. The orange #01, General Lee and of course...the flag ;)...go on a Charger...anything else is just wrong. Period.

Viper is a cool car indeed. But if you know the show and are a Hazard County, Boars Nest patron...you want a Charger. The orange #01, General Lee and of course...the flag ;)/>...go on a Charger...anything else is just wrong. Period.

What they call a Charger today is NO Charger, IMO, Belvedere, yes, Charger, no. Therefore I think those markings on a Viper are a-ok.

What they call a Charger today is NO Charger, IMO, Belvedere, yes, Charger, no. Therefore I think those markings on a Viper are a-ok.

Disagree 100% with the use of a Viper! Why? What was the core basis of the Dukes show? What was it (aside from getting themselves into crazy scenarios) that the Duke boys wanted to do...their goal? If you know the show then you know the answer. NASCAR. They wanted to race stock cars (hence the Charger). The Viper has never been nor will it ever be used in NASCAR. The Charger has a history with NASCAR...then (1980's) and now. The #2 Miller Lite Dodge Charger won the NASCAR Sprint Cup in 2012 before Dodge left the Cup Series (call the design what you will...Dodge calls it a Charger). But...again if you follow NASCAR...the Challenger has made a few appearances in the Nationwide Series this year and Dodge wants back in NASCAR full time with...you guessed it...the Charger. They just need a team to roll the dice with them. So...the Viper does not fit in any shape way or form with the essence of the TV show...namely stock car racing. They should have gone with the Charger first, then the Challenger. BOTH have a history with NASCAR whereas the Viper has zero, zip, zilch, nada. Besides...the Duke boys, Boars Nest, Daisy, Uncle Jessie, Hazard County...and a Viper????? This isn't Miami Vice.... :coolio:

Big mistake with a Viper...IMHO ;) .

I think the Viper was chosen in the ad for humor's sake and outrageousness ... A punchline ..

-Gregg

Makes perfect sense...no self respecting, moonshine brewing, NASCAR loving, Boars Nest patron Duke would ever be caught in a Viper :woot.gif: ! They should have given Roscoe the Viper and kept the Dukes with the Charger...Roscoe needs all the help he can get :rofl: ! Oh and Cooter needs an upgrade as well...

To be fair there is no car on the planet that you can go into a showroom now and buy that has anything to do with nascar. I don't know why they call it "stock car" racing anymore. Whereas the Viper has a good history of sports car racing and has been pretty successful.