Hasegawa 1/72 F/A-18E VFA-147 Build

Fellow ARC Modelers

I have decided to set my F/A-18A/C kits aside and start my F/A-18E VFA-14 kit. I will be using the Hasegawa F/A-18E kit with TWOBOBS VFA-14 decal set.

IMG_0417_zps0ec99ead.jpg

Edited by tosouthern66

I an enjoying this kit!!!! I wish Hasegawa would have engineered the Legacy molds this way! Everything seems to fit so much better than th old Legacy Hornet kis. Here is my progress so far.

Forward Fuesalage, Intakes and Main Fusealage glued together.

bc202e47-b9c1-48bd-bd99-941244296860_zps2a990912.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Small update or shall I say back date. Looks like I may be changing my squadron markings. Just realized that my VFA-14 decals are for an aircraft with the box style ESC exaust. The kit has the pipes type. SO what do I do here guys? Please give me your thoughts.I am no good at scratch building and I dont see any after market parts to replace them with to make it correct. I have the kit decals for VFA-147. I will have some update pics ob here by the end of the night. I have installed the wings and have been working on the drop tanks.

Update Time:

Sprayed the FS36375 Light Ghost Gray.

IMG_0425_zps0f260805.jpg

Close up view of main landing gear bays. The paint seems to me to be a little too dark. Does it look like that to you all?

IMG_0426_zpscc99f297.jpg

Also Painted the Vertical Stabs Gloss Black.

b32237d9-1926-4985-a959-53af55e39d9c_zps9ef39f7b.jpg

Edited by tosouthern66

I don't know who the individual at Hasegawa was that decided on the VFA-147 decals but he needs a good ol country whooopin for stupidity! The long orange stripe that goes along the skunk stripe is not happening on this model. Tore the thing in 6 spots trying to line it up. So she will not have all the decals on her.

• 2 months later...

Update:

Almost complete! Just need to add gear doors and missles. Had to skip the ATFLIR pod due to it not playing nice with the landing gear.

IMG_0443_zpsec9ac375.jpg

IMG_0444_zpse1a8ae05.jpg

IMG_0445_zps308aadd8.jpg

Glad you joined us at the last model meeting in Pharr. Got to see this model up close really liked it.

keep up the good work.

Ernie A.