Aigore,

Ok, so the only way you can be as productive as you are, is that you're really extremely weathly, don't work, and have a large household staff that frees you up from the everyday tasks that need to be done. :rofl:/>/> :tease:/>/>

I had full intentions of modeling for several hours today, yet I managed less then 2 hours as I had so many family and household things to take care of.

Uoel

Joel, he's doing that thing with time...some ARC members are able to stretch it out infinitely, even bend it into impossible forms at their will. In a less enlightened age, surely they would be indicted for witchcraft or necromancy.

And not one of the swines will tell ME how it's done! :bandhead2:

LOL, I'm telling you; you have to organise your builds :D

I don't put down that much time every day....but I try to do something every day.

I'm not wealthy, I work full time, I have two small girls (2 and 3 yrs), I only build after the kids have gone to bed.

Joel, he's doing that thing with time...some ARC members are able to stretch it out infinitely, even bend it into impossible forms at their will. In a less enlightened age, surely they would be indicted for witchcraft or necromancy.

And not one of the swines will tell ME how it's done! BANGHEAD2.jpg

ChippyWho,

At least you knew that there he knew the secret of time control.

LOL, I'm telling you; you have to organise your builds biggrin.gif

I don't put down that much time every day....but I try to do something every day.

I'm not wealthy, I work full time, I have two small girls (2 and 3 yrs), I only build after the kids have gone to bed.

Aigore,

I have a build plan, I just never stick to it, and the constant on the spur of the moment decision to add this or that detail doesn't help with my time management skills either. I think we should put it up for a vote and see just how many members feel you possess "demon" powers of time control. :worship:/> :salute:/>

Joel

ANother little update :D

Shot some grey in the pit...

IMG_1557_zps3e3703bf.jpg

IMG_1558_zpsf2b20852.jpg

Some alclad steel on the exhausts and glos white inside.

IMG_1559_zpsd299c99f.jpg

Then a little wash in the pit...

IMG_1565_zpsd0f65dc2.jpg

and in the cans....

IMG_1567_zpse4b87030.jpg

I begun the detail painting process in the pit...started with the IP

IMG_1571_zpsbf59fb9c.jpg

and the office..

IMG_1572_zps52425fab.jpg

There..the exhaust and pit are getting started :D More details to follow :D

Cheers!

Aigore,

The PIt and exhaust cans are really starting to come to life. Only issue is that your last mini update all the pictures have a green tint to them.

Joel

Thanx Joel :D

Yeah...the white balance was off. I forgot I had taken pics with sunlight shining through the window and had adjusted the white balance accordingly :P

Thanx Joel biggrin.gif

Yeah...the white balance was off. I forgot I had taken pics with sunlight shining through the window and had adjusted the white balance accordingly tongue.gif

Aigore,

I have a D90 Nikon DSLR, and honestly I leave the WB set to Auto unless I'm shooting with Floods. The Nikon camera adjusts the WB better then if I manually changed it. I also shoot in RAW so that I can max the edits as needed.

Joel

Aigore,

I have a D90 Nikon DSLR, and honestly I leave the WB set to Auto unless I'm shooting with Floods. The Nikon camera adjusts the WB better then if I manually changed it. I also shoot in RAW so that I can max the edits as needed.

Joel

I use a canon powershot ix160 compact camera for my WIP pics and it adjusts the white balance by pressing one button, for my display case pics I use a Nikon D3100, I shoot in M mode and have a preset white balanced for it.

Aigore,

I prefer to use Aperture Preferred rather then Manual Preferred as I have all the control I need, while I let the camera do the actual exposure that I usually have EC set to .7, and auto focus after I select the appropriate F stop. My eyesight is way too poor to manual focus these days.

Joel

Edited by Joel_W

Aigore,

I prefer to use Aperture Preferred rather then Manual Preferred as I have all the control I need, while I let the camera do the actual exposure that I usually have EC set to .7, and auto focus after I select the appropriate F stop. My eyesight is way too poor to manual focus these days.

Joel

Here's my studio setup :

http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index.php?showtopic=254269&st=0

Aigore,

Really a nice setup. I've also use diffuse light but currently only use a two light setup. I gave up on window light since it's just to directional with the resulting shadows. For work in progress picture I do use the built in flash, so I can grab quick shots during a work session.

Have to admit, that there is nothing quite like a Nikon. this is my 2nd one. For a editing program I use Nikon View to quickly edit/delete, then transfer the RAW files to my computer. I use Nikon's Capture NX2 as my editing program.

Joel

Edited by Joel_W

Aigore,

Really a nice setup. I've also use diffuse light but currently only use a two light setup. I gave up on window light since it's just to directional with the resulting shadows. For work in progress picture I do use the built in flash, so I can grab quick shots during a work session.

Have to admit, that there is nothing quite like a Nikon. this is my 2nd one. For a editing program I use Nikon View to quickly edit/delete, then transfer the RAW files to my computer. I use Nikon's Capture NX2 as my editing program.

Joel

I avoid using a flash since it bleaches the colors and creates odd shadows and too sharp contrast.I have my photo set up all the time so I just move the bits on to the set as I need to take a picture.

When shooting with the D3100 I take pics in RAW as well, I edit in Photoshop and use PS bridge.

Aigore,

Until I finally get a much bigger workbench in my computer/model room, I really don't have the room to keep the photo setup up. But I've been playing around with a tissue over the flash. Works well in killing those hot spots, but I'm still working on the correct EC setting.

Joel

Great job Aigore ! :lol:/>

You simply never get tired of big kits, I'm really impressed ! :cheers:/>

More pics, please !

Cheers,

Nenad

Thanx Nenad :D

Big?! :blink: The Eagle is darn tiny compared to the Vark :P was afraid of losing it under my thumb nail:P

Todays update is about the office and a terrrible discovery....

First round of drybrushing done...

IMG_1575_zps421eb193.jpg

The IP cover.

IMG_1576_zps32a03fde.jpg

second round on the pit...

IMG_1577_zps1025d9df.jpg

And the detail painting... here I was starting to notice that something didn´t add up...

IMG_1578_zpsd45667e5.jpg

Heh, the panel in Bay 5 actually snapped into place...no glue :D

IMG_1579_zps1a2f02eb.jpg

The IP...with the film in place

IMG_1581_zps07ff8ff6.jpg

And the PE IP panel inplace...and here it was pretty obvious, my eye sight is gone....Sure I need glasses from time to time, done that since I was 26 but this was different. Before I´ve always managed to see things close up really good.

Now I tried all manner of squinting and trying to make my eyes focus on the tiny bits by shere will! But no go...I´m going to need magnyfying glasses! Demn it...I just turned 40 :/

IMG_1583_zpsb6f95cf9.jpg

Put it in place....

IMG_1584_zpsd3983bc1.jpg

Put the small levers in place...

IMG_1585_zps541ba882.jpg

And the side consoles....there should be PE on them as well but from experience I know I will knock them off so I´ll put them in place lastly :P

IMG_1586_zps86c7da48.jpg

There ya go :D

Cheers!

Aigore,

Really excellent work on the Pit. The IP really looks quite good.

Failing eyesight catches up with the vast majority of us.By the mid 40's, most people need reading glasses of some magnification.

I'm almost 67. I've been wearing bi-focals for nearly 20 years, then I needed tri-focals, which I never could get use to, so I have two different pairs of bi-focals. Over the last 6 years I've developed Retina Edema in both eyes, but in the left eye the distortion of the Retina is where the lens focuses. Even after a few laser surgeries to stop the bleeding, I'm now legally blind in the left eye. Try modeling with just one eye, and having poor vision in that eye !! I'm at the point where 1/32 scale is looking like that's where I'll be heading shortly.

Joel

Aigore,

Failing eyesight catches up with the vast majority of us.By the mid 40's, most people need reading glasses of some magnification.

I'm almost 67. I've been wearing bi-focals for nearly 20 years, then I needed tri-focals, which I never could get use to, so I have two different pairs of bi-focals. Over the last 6 years I've developed Retina Edema in both eyes, but in the left eye the distortion of the Retina is where the lens focuses. Even after a few laser surgeries to stop the bleeding, I'm now legally blind in the left eye. Try modeling with just one eye, and having poor vision in that eye !! I'm at the point where 1/32 scale is looking like that's where I'll be heading shortly.

Joel

Very sorry to hear that Joel! Had no idea. :(/>

Aigore,

Joel

Sorry to hear that, mate :(

I guess 1/32nd scale or armor modelling is where we're all heading...

Sledge & Aigore,

Thanks guys, but I'm doing ok and can still model. Just have a few more challenges then most. Your brain does compensate a great deal, but depth perception close up is a big issue for me. Still, I manage to turn out a decent model every so often.

As for armor modeling, I've done that, have 9 pieces of armor in my display cases, and one in my stash. Armor is ok, but aircraft has always been what I love modeling best.

What I was trying to point out is that needing glasses is no big deal, it's like wearing a optivisor all day long for reading and up close work. Although reading glasses do look a lot better then people staring at your with an optivisor on your head. ;-)

Joel