CD48067 - Mirage III in Australia

• 2 weeks later...

Folks, I am struggling to fit all of the instructions on a 16-page booklet, which is what I budgeted for this decal sheet. I might have to provide the instructions for some of the more uncommon options in digital format; much like what I had to do with the international Alpha Jet sheet (CD48044). I will keep trying and keep you posted.

Folks, I am struggling to fit all of the instructions on a 16-page booklet, which is what I budgeted for this decal sheet. I might have to provide the instructions for some of the more uncommon options in digital format; much like what I had to do with the international Alpha Jet sheet (CD48044). I will keep trying and keep you posted.

Kursad in my case, I think a digital download of the instructions is more than acceptable. I see other companies have been doing so and to be honest I think it is great. Must be the way of the world now.

Maybe you should consider doing the whole instructions as a download so you can use those funds for more decals :) You will still have to print the cover sheet though.

This sheet, along with the others that will make up the next batch, is on its way to me. I should have it in my hands within a couple of days. Needless to say, it looks like this batch did not make it in time for June; but I am working hard on enabling preorders on July 10-12 at the latest.

Watching your ongoing communication in this thread and amount of sheets Caracal has in development/ release monthly, I can only thank you for your dedication as a modeler.

I will probably start few mirages as soon as I get my hands on this sheet.

Petar

Watching your ongoing communication in this thread and amount of sheets Caracal has in development/ release monthly, I can only thank you for your dedication as a modeler.

I will probably start few mirages as soon as I get my hands on this sheet.

Petar

Thank you. By the way, now that the stencil sheets are here; I can finally show you how nice these look. I hope you will find them worth the wait - the third part of the set (serials) should be here pretty soon, and I hope to be able to start shipping before mid-July.

raafm31.jpg

raafm32.jpg

raafm33.jpg

raafm34.jpg

raafm35.jpg

Wow Kursad, I can't believe how fine that artwork is on the phoenix on the crest. Amazing work which just gets better and better all the time.

Looking forward to this sheet and yet again I have to ditch a Superscale sheet with Aussie markings as this one is waaaaay better.

They are looking fantastic KursadA.

I wish I was a bit quicker when you had these in development stage. I have a Kinetic kit WIP and I want to do the training AIM-9B's very commonly seen with the word INERT in white. I should have asked you sooner. :bandhead2:/>

11555699723_73fd925f7c_b_zps0a1jlzw3.jpg

I was going to use kit decals but I am so tempted to wait now.

They are looking fantastic KursadA.

I wish I was a bit quicker when you had these in development stage. I have a Kinetic kit WIP and I want to do the training AIM-9B's very commonly seen with the word INERT in white. I should have asked you sooner. :bandhead2:/>/>

11555699723_73fd925f7c_b_zps0a1jlzw3.jpg

I was going to use kit decals but I am so tempted to wait now.

Yeah!!! Why didn't you ask him sooner Andrew :)

I actually intended to do the AIM-9 and Matra Magic markings as well - I guess it just slipped my mind during the design work. Oh, well. I will add them if I ever scale this down to 1/72, depending on how this sheet is received.

The serial numbers sheet is also here, so the set is complete. I will send the e-mail notification this weekend and should be able to start shipping these in a week or so.

raafsr.jpg

This sheet provides RAAF Mirage III serial numbers in four different styles: the very early black serials, and later style serials in black, white or dark gray. With the help of the stencil sheet and these serials, you will be able to model numerous RAAF Mirages belonging to the units covered by the set. I will provide instructions for about 10 on the printed instruction sheet, a few more on the Web site. But with the help of excellent references like Motty's book, many more should be possible.

I just enabled preorders for this set. I strongly suggest preordering now, as the orders from resellers were much better than I anticipated and I might sell put faster than I calculated.

The stencils/serials sheets are available separately - I have only 100 of these stencil/serial sets.

CD48067 - Mirage III over Australia

The instructions and profiles list only 20 options, but it should be possible to build many of the exotic test schemes in Motty's book with the help of these decals.

These are selling very briskly, and I think there is a real possibility I might sell out in a few weeks much like the KC-135R last month.

Edited by KursadA

The RAAF Mirage sheet was successful beyond belief, so I will be scaling it down to 1/72 scale as well : again printed by Cartograf. Stay tuned for a product number assignment & announcement in a month or so.

Edited by KursadA

Sold out. All gone, before anyone has even received his preorder.

Every preorder/order is now in the mail, and those who preordered should be getting their sheets by now.

Hawkeye in Australia will get their stock within a week or so.

Everyone else will have to wait until Hannants and Sprue Bros. get their stock in mid to late August - sorry.

Thank you for the overwhelming interest in this sheet. Expect to see more sheets with kangaroo roundels from Caracal in the near future!

Edited by KursadA