As soon as I wrap up the SLUF Guide I'll start drawing the 1/32 A-10 sheet. I know it'll have a few jets from the AFRES/AFRC sheet. I want to build Chopper Popper so it will definitely make the 1/32 sheet. I'll have at least one Desert Storm-era MB jet, then a bunch of A-10Cs.

If you have preferences for which jets you want done in 1/32, I'm all ears.

Jake

How many ac in total are you planning for this sheet?

As many as will fit on the sheet. I want to do the Ft. Wayne A-10C flagship. That thing is gorgeous, but will probably take a bunch of space on a sheet. We will see.

As soon as I wrap up the SLUF Guide I'll start drawing the 1/32 A-10 sheet. I know it'll have a few jets from the AFRES/AFRC sheet. I want to build Chopper Popper so it will definitely make the 1/32 sheet. I'll have at least one Desert Storm-era MB jet, then a bunch of A-10Cs.

If you have preferences for which jets you want done in 1/32, I'm all ears.

Jake

Hey Jake! Well I am sure that even now there is "no want" for suggestions on the 32nd sheet of A-10's! Haha. Anyway I thought I would put in my wish list as well. Without a doubt anything from the 23rd (you knew it was coming! Haha) however, since the shark mouth and eyes have changed over the years you could almost do a "legacy" sheet(s) for them rather than lock on to one specific time period. The 76th's flagship or anything from the Vanguards. I think a good mix of high-viz / low-viz would be cool. Even though Caracal did the Red Devils in low-viz, the high-viz markings are neat with the red squadron logo and all. It's tough to choose and I can assure you whatever you come up with I will want to add it to my stash! Sincerely.....Thanks for your continued support of the model building community and offering all of us a chance to own your books and decals!

-Mark

Edited by taggor

When I start putting the sheet together I'll know how many I have room for. I've got most of them drawn and ready to do in 1/48, so it won't take long at all to resize them and put the 1/32 sheet out. Stay tuned, and keep the suggestions coming!!!

Generally speaking, is the interest for early jets in the 1980s/Desert Storm, or modern A-10Cs? Or something around the beginning of OEF/OIF?

Generally speaking, is the interest for early jets in the 1980s/Desert Storm, or modern A-10Cs? Or something around the beginning of OEF/OIF?

That's going to be tough one Jake. You may want to put up a poll at various sites just to get a basis for what to choose. I personally am interested in them all but, my current interest is in A-10A's, A-10A+'s and C's that operated in OIF and OEF. That's a mighty big time line though. On a side note I don't recall anyone offering markings for the 174th NY ANG "The Boys from Syracuse" in any scale.

-Mark

*** I digress, I believe Micro Scale or Super Scale may have done NY from way back****

Edited by taggor

I would love decals for "Chopper Popper" from Desert Storm, or the other helicopter-killing A-10 from that era, but for me A-10 OEF birds from Afghanistan would be the most interesting (New Orleans??). The problem with the A-10C is that there are no update set for the Trumpeter kit at the moment, but on your 1/48 sheet you got some lovely A-10C. I like those with warthog-mouth and mission markings.

The problem with the A-10C is that there are no update set for the Trumpeter kit at the moment.

Hey there RoNaf! I am not sure specifically what you are looking for "A-10C wise" for the Trumpeter kit but, defiantly check in with Harold at AMS resin. He has a new IP, Combing, stick, and SATCOM antenna in his kit. It also includes a nice resin GAU-8 gun muzzle. Highly recommended. Now, if only someone would produce a resin set in 1/48 as well!

Sorry about the hijack Jake. So.... back to decals for A-10's!

-Mark

Edited by taggor
On a side note I don't recall anyone offering markings for the 174th NY ANG "The Boys from Syracuse" in any scale.

I've already got a couple drawn, complete with great nose and ladder door art ready for the ANG A-10 sheet.

I would love decals for "Chopper Popper" from Desert Storm,

Chopper Popper is available on my 1/48 sheet and will absolutely be one of the jets on the 1/32 sheet. I want to build that one myself. I've also got the other helo-killer Hog drawn from various points in its post-desert Storm career, so that may also be a good option in 1/32.

Hi

Look at this:

http://photorecon.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/Photo6.jpg

http://photorecon.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/Photo7.jpg

And here it is with mission markings from Afghanistan:

https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads/a-tribute-to-the-coolest-awesomest-kicka-airplane-evar.266414/page-4

Scroll down the page.

What about making decals for this bird 81-0964?

Edited by RoNaf

They were pretty boring except for the black Bucky on the side of the nacelles....damn cheesers....;)/>

Jeff

Not all of them. I have a few drawn for the 1/48 sheet. Pretty cool artwork.

• 2 weeks later...

Fantastic. Just put me up for one sheet!! :-)

me, too! one sheet (bird 81-0964 sharkmouthed below)

is it an A-10A or A-10C? (hope A-10A as there is not any 1/32 conversion for the -C out there)

IMG_2619.JPG

Edited by Alpagueur