What's this kit worth?

Been asked to build a model for a chap but not sure whether i should build it or not. This kit is an original run 1955 model in A+ condition. Even has the small rubber glue capsule!#

Anyone know where i could check the value of the kit so i can let the guy know what he has?

Thoughts?

17320945631_61145ef581_b.jpg20150430_131225 by tom.sunley, on Flickr

17135138939_54b8efc7c8_b.jpg20150430_131238 by tom.sunley, on Flickr

17295398046_a430d51f12_b.jpg20150430_131415 by tom.sunley, on Flickr

I have no idea what it is "worth"...to the right person any object can be priceless...

But, if the guy just wants a 1/72 model of a Sea Vixen and not that particular kit, then I'd pick up a nicer model and build that for him and keep that one for nostalgia sake if nothing else.

I have no idea what it is "worth"...to the right person any object can be priceless...

But, if the guy just wants a 1/72 model of a Sea Vixen and not that particular kit, then I'd pick up a nicer model and build that for him and keep that one for nostalgia sake if nothing else.

Agree. That's a real nice antique piece right there. Keep it!

Having said that, I'd be interested to see how it would build up. "No sanding or shaping" hey? <_< Hmmm...

Edited by Crazy Snap Captain

, I'd be interested to see how it would build up. "No sanding or shaping" hey? <_< Hmmm...

They're supposedly quite accurate in outline if not in detail. A build here with a link to another build.

Steve.

Edited by stevehnz

It cant be worth that much seeing as though it is missing parts.

Three gear doors are missing, or are they not in photo and just off the sprue?

Also isn't that the prototype? The production model had a pointier nose?---John

Edited by john53

Having said that, I'd be interested to see how it would build up. "No sanding or shaping" hey? <_</> Hmmm...

Take it in context. Up to that point the way you got a non flying a scale model was to carve and sand it out of wood.