Wow!

That was a lot of sanding! How long did that take? Before or during assembly?

Great job on the clear and seams, too.

Oh yah--looks great overall!

A lot of sanding? You must be familiar with this kit! And it was too bad to sand because I lost all those nicely fine lines, but there was no way around it for me.

Thank you for your kind words.

Wow - that is really very nice. I've always wanted a kit of the Clipper but I didn't know there was a 1/144 version out there - let alone one done by Minicraft (not that I rate them that highly). I'll have to go look for one now

From the above comments, I can only look forward to plenty of sanding - but if that's the result that can be gleaned from such an exercise - then I'm all for it!

Thanks for sharing

MH

Madhatter:

Minicraft's is Airfix's.

Even has the Airfix logo molded in one of the fuselage halves.

Nice kit with good fit.

I've got some fill on the fuselage seams but not bad for Airfix.

Not sure how long it's been sitting around unfinished but the wing joints need some fill and I haven't put the outer fins on yet.

I like it!

With the 1/144th Martin Clipper lurking out there they make a good set! --to view anyway; haven't started the Martin Clipper.

Very nice job!

What did you use for the stand?

It is a wonderful idea.

Thank you for your nice comments!

The stand is a 3.5" x 7" picture frame that looked close to 1930s art deco, and then I googled "1930 pan am" and found that travel poster. I printed it to size and used a clear acrylic rod.