After finishing my EA-6A Wild WeaselFrom Revell. I decided to tackle the Monogram's Prowler, but this one I wanted it to be different, I'm adding an AIRES cockpit which will be my first resin one, thanks to Jorge Oppenheimer who gave me the courage to convince my wife to get one!! :pray:.

This model started with the same treatment, rescribing, riveting an dry fitting everything, joints weren't that bad, a part from the ovbious spots we all now (wings to fuselage, front landing gear bay etc)

So wish me luck with the cockpit and I hope to get at least to my EA-6A standar! I'm posting some pics of the boxes and a couple of shots for comparisson, the kit's cockpit is not bad but the difference against the Aires is very evident!!

Let's see if we can get some feedback so It can be interesting for modellers in the future, this is not an stellar build, but maybe we all can learn a couple of tricks

The kit

A_zps0y9np2ua.jpg

The Aires cockpit

IMG_6993_zpszoj8i5rp.jpg

Both cockpits

IMG_7443_zpsdsfmtej5.jpg

IMG_7463_zpshqrqv0wd.jpg

IMG_7464_zpsvblkywcg.jpg

And since I like doing new things, I'm gonna venture and open a panel to scratch build some avionics, with a big artistic license and having as reference only another model, so we'll see how that ends up!!

IMG_7344_zpswjgmynyq.jpg

P.S. the model is a bit ahead on the build but I'll update often until I get to the present state of the build

Kike,

I'm a jr jet jockey who knows next to nothing about propless aircraft, but I'm coming along for the ride. From a modelers point of view, the old Monogram kit isn't that bad, but once you started to compare the stock cockpit and IP to the Aires AM parts, it's like night and day.

Nice clean and neat start to the electronics bay.

Joel

thank god your wife doesn't know me personally, i will be a dead man by now, i will follow this one close, hope it will not end like mine in the graveyard of my closet

Jorge,

My brother and I were just talking about you the other day, as neither of us knew why you just disappeared from ARC, and your build blog just ground to a dead halt. Glad to see that you're alive and well, but sorry to read that your build has been delegated to the Closet shelf grave yard. At least it hasn't ended up in the local landfill.

So what's on your bench now?

Joel

Kike,

Good luck with this build; if It's anything like your EA-6A it will be awesome. Since this is your first time using resin there will be a learning curve, however It's nothing that you shouldn't be able to handle. As always, patience yields results (usually)...so take your time.

E.

Great journey of a great plane, i`ll be watching you :)/> The extras are very well too. Happy building and show us the updates! :woot.gif:/>

You're wellcome! I'm following you eagle build too!

Can't wait to see this one! I recently got this kit too and is in line to build soon...ill be following so you can show me all the tricks as I will be re-scribing and riveting as well 👍🏻

The re-scribing and riveting is pretty straight forward, lots of time, lots of patience, lots of care!!! it's worth the effort tho, I used a needle in a pin-vise and the trumpeter re-scribing tool! It gets tricky at times but for the most part it's ok! believe me, if I can do it, anyone can!

thank god your wife doesn't know me personally, i will be a dead man by now, i will follow this one close, hope it will not end like mine in the graveyard of my closet

She already knows about you bro!! no worries...if you fly high over Guatemala! lol. Too bad your frankenprowler has been put away! I'd be more than glad to have it in my shelf!! send it my way so you don't have to see it anymore! B)

Kike,

I'm a jr jet jockey who knows next to nothing about propless aircraft, but I'm coming along for the ride. From a modelers point of view, the old Monogram kit isn't that bad, but once you started to compare the stock cockpit and IP to the Aires AM parts, it's like night and day.

Nice clean and neat start to the electronics bay.

Always a pleasure to have you on board Joel!

Kike,

Good luck with this build; if It's anything like your EA-6A it will be awesome. Since this is your first time using resin there will be a learning curve, however It's nothing that you shouldn't be able to handle. As always, patience yields results (usually)...so take your time.

Thnx Elmo your help has been invaluable, just by following your crazy build but your words are always full of inspiration! thank you! And yeah, the Wild Weasel was nice at the end! now I'll try to, at least, get this one to the same level!

looking forward to this build. I used that cockpit in my kit and it was a beauty.

Nice build! I hope I'll be able to get close to what you've done!!

Great stuff, I look forward to watching.

Always a pleasure to have you watching Falcon!!!

As I said, the avionics bay has been based on another model so I don't even know what's in there or if it´s even real, but it adds a touch and It gives me the opportunity to try new things, I spent way too much time doing it more due to clumsyness than quality or accuracy, but I'm pretty happy with the result, on to the pics

IMG_7376_zpsuthkdjph.jpg

IMG_7392_zpsvtwbeswr.jpg

IMG_7395_zps8wsgizpd.jpg

IMG_7417_zpsnoajk1nu.jpg

IMG_7811_zpszrfrozoa.jpg

Keep in mind this is my second attempt to scratch build something and I really like how it turned out! Then I'll move to the cockpit

Jorge,

My brother and I were just talking about you the other day, as neither of us knew why you just disappeared from ARC, and your build blog just ground to a dead halt. Glad to see that you're alive and well, but sorry to read that your build has been delegated to the Closet shelf grave yard. At least it hasn't ended up in the local landfill.

So what's on your bench now?

Joel

Hi Joel, i left the model world for a while, i had to leave my old work to a new one, and this one is keeping me away from the bench, i am flying to much for my taste, i just spent 8 days a month at home, now that the bird is in the shop i started a new 1/32 bird, i posted some pictures of it a week ago here on the forum

Best regards

Jorge

Ps; say hello to your brother, i always keep track of your work as your brother's work

Then I moved to the cockpit and even if I wanted the backgroung to be gray and black dials, I couldn't get it to work, my small brush is not small enough and my skills not good enough, so I did it the other way around with a dry brush, I can live with the result! there is a piece of PE missing in the center of this IP that will be installed later on

IMG_7907_zpsq0mpqvio.jpg

IMG_7908_zpsizg1m1rb.jpg

IMG_8149_zpsy98ezi7z.jpg

Thnx Falcon! I fortgot to mention that I used pledge to the main screens and a couple of dials to give them a glossy look on a overall dull panel, hard to picture it tho, but is there

And the front IP recieved the same treatment, the PE bites are really nice and they have an averall good fitting, no complaints there

IMG_8150_zpsxgcxo8io.jpg

IMG_8183_zps3ehavav6.jpg

The front IP has 4 pieces of PE and acetate for the dials, really small but really good!

Great job on the IP!! Significantly better than mine!!

We modellers are like children!! I like yours better cause you managed to do what I was looking for, gray backgrownd and black dials! in any case thanks God we all get differents results and there's the beauty of the hobby! never get two identical models!

Great technique Joel, i don't know if I would be able to pull it off on a 1/72 kit tho! you have a bettere magnifying glass than mine!!

Then I moved to the pit itself, the most difficult part, for me anyway. I think it's very easy to make it look like a toy and very very hard to make it look real, I was aiming at least for the point in the middle. I started airbrushing a black coat on the entire piece, then mask control panels and sprayed a layer of gray very thin to be able to use the black as a preshade

IMG_7896_zpshq7uxs8e.jpg

A couple of touch-ups and then a layer of glosscote to apply a wash, this time I used very deluted black acrilic for the wash then i realized it wasn't thin enough to get the effect I was looking for but it was still cool to live with!

IMG_7950_zpsmhgffjnx.jpg

IMG_7955_zpsolfihrsw.jpg

IMG_7953_zpsczkj00hc.jpg

Then I highlighted some of the control buttons and some details just to make it a bit more eye friendly

IMG_8144_zpsjwlfdrga.jpg

IMG_8145_zpswxvmxoiy.jpg

IMG_8148_zps672ebjbf.jpg

IMG_8179_zpsjmrjo4vx.jpg

IMG_8151_zps37pwexwl.jpg

IMG_8186_zpsoqdldqss.jpg