1/720 USS Enterprise

I built Revell's 1/720 Enterprise way back when I was a kid. I saw a reissue of it in my LHS and was overcome with a wave of nostalgia. I slapped it together as a kid and loved every minute. I wanted to see if I could have just as much fun, only trying a little harder this time. I'm not a ship builder per se, so there's very little weathering done. It's essentially out of the box with a few extra aircraft from the spares box and decals from Starfighter Decals for the deck markings and air wing. I enjoyed every minute of the build and captured some of the joy I had as a child.

dsc-0406_orig.jpg

dsc-0407_orig.jpg

dsc-0408_orig.jpg

dsc-0409_1_orig.jpg

dsc-0410_1_orig.jpg

dsc-0411_1_orig.jpg

dsc-0412_1_orig.jpg

dsc-0413_1_orig.jpg

36 minutes ago, Slartibartfast said:

Nicely done!  I had fun building a Forrestal back in the day.

BTW, there is a ship forum on ARC.

Huh! I've never scrolled that far down! I know. It's pictures of a bunch of very small Navy planes I built and they're on a display that looks like a carrier. :-)

Very nice. When I did my 1/350 scale CVN-65 Enterprise it was also for nostalgia reasons of sort. I remember wanting that kit SO bad as a kid. Asked for it for a couple birthdays and Christmas. After a couple years my parents bought it.......For my brother.

So a couple years ago I bought it and built it for me!!!

On 2017-09-07 at 5:02 AM, Darren Roberts said:

Huh! I've never scrolled that far down! I know. It's pictures of a bunch of very small Navy planes I built and they're on a display that looks like a carrier. :-)

Makes sense :D

Such a lovely base to all the small aircraft models! Wonder if PE wings would make sense in 1/720?

• 2 weeks later...