Jump to content
ARC Discussion Forums


  • Content count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

About JohnS

  • Rank
    Canadian, eh!

Contact Methods

  • Website URL
  • ICQ

Recent Profile Visitors

10,535 profile views
  1. Beautiful! I learned a lot by following your In-progress thread and watching you work through the trials & tribulations of this build. Great job on overcoming the issues, adding the detail, and final paint. Nice photography, too! Thanks for sharing. John
  2. JohnS

    A-7E Corsair II - Hasegawa 1/48

    Wow, great attention to the details! John
  3. JohnS

    1/18th F-14B Tomcat conversion

    Sorry to hear about your hand Steve. Here's hoping you recover quickly & can get back to work on your big cat, John
  4. JohnS

    1/48 Hasegawa F-14A

    Nice to see you back at these Tomcats. Looking great!
  5. Hey Steve. Good to see you back. I'll be posting this build on BM as well, once I get the photos on Flickr.
  6. JohnS

    1/48 Trumpeter ERA-3B

    Looks awesome Darren. I like all your recent builds of different 'unique' aircraft.
  7. Thanks guys. Here's one last photo showing the MTB & crew.
  8. One last photo showing the MTB and crew.
  9. One last project to complete this build - the crew. I'm not a big fan of adding figures to models as they seldom look realistic. In this case, I wanted to add a few crew figures to show the boat's scale & size. I raided the stash and gathered sailors from the Matchbox Corvette & Airfix Vosper MTB kits. I decided to use four figures that show the variety of uniforms worn on board the Canadian MTB's. I modified the arms of the two seaman figures so I could place them in different positions on the boat, & then added some paint & shading. I added stands to the figures so each could stand alone. The Coxswain and Executive Officer figures are currently placed on the MTB's bridge. ... and the Captain & Gunner were added to the Oerikon bandstand, Now this build is really finished.
  10. JohnS

    1/18th F-14B Tomcat conversion

    They look great, very realistic.