1 hour ago, HeavyArty said:

All the various gear and elements look great.  I agree that the labels on the cans and bottles are not really correct but may be too late to change.  One other potential issue that you may or may not care about is the uniforms on the figures.  As currently depicted, they appear to be wearing Vietnam Jungle Fatigues.  I thought you did not want a Vietnam scene, but an earlier (late '50s) scene.  The Vietnam Jungle Fatigues (side leg pockets, lower shirt pockets, slanted upper shirt pockets) were only issued and authorized in Vietnam.  The rest of the US military was wearing OG107 Fatigues at the time ('50-early '80s).  They did not have the side leg pockets nor lower shirt pockets.  Also, OG 107 Fatigue shirts were worn tucked in.

OG-107 - WikipediaFatigue Fashion: History of the OG-107 TrousersFatigue Fashion: History of the OG-107 Trousers

Well, that sucks. I did not know and I am sure the figure designer did not know either. That mistake is on me since I sent him the photos.  As far As the decals on the toolbox, I am going with  it since too much to change to make right. 

About the toolbox decals....

The only decal that is out of place is the Holley carb. The Sunoco fuel and Champion spark plugs are period. 

A dab of paint (or a covering decal) would fix it.

(Yes, easy for me to say).

14 hours ago, JohnEB said:

About the toolbox decals....

The only decal that is out of place is the Holley carb. The Sunoco fuel and Champion spark plugs are period. 

A dab of paint (or a covering decal) would fix it.

(Yes, easy for me to say).

Decals are so small in the dio

IMG_7882.jpeg

Nit-picking aside, simply beautiful work,  all of it. As Shawn said, I would  never dream of attaining the level of scratch building and detail that you have put into this diorama.  It truly deserves to be in a museum for others to enjoy and marvel over.

Kind regards, 

Dutch 

1 hour ago, Dutch said:

Nit-picking aside, simply beautiful work,  all of it. As Shawn said, I would  never dream of attaining the level of scratch building and detail that you have put into this diorama.  It truly deserves to be in a museum for others to enjoy and marvel over.

Kind regards, 

Dutch 

Thanks so much for the kind words.

46 minutes ago, kike said:

If it was mine I would throw a HUMMVEE there just to see some forehead veins explode!! do you display your dios somewhere? living room maybe?

Hahahaha!!! copy on veins exploding.
Once done and all photos taken I usually put it in a bin. 

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

Until the wood base arrives to continue working on the ground work, I made a field sign. I may add part of a chain link fence in the back
...Disclaimer..The Airfield sign is a mix of things and is fictitious and not accurate.
also got a 3d toolbox with the figures.

IMG_7937.jpeg

IMG_7939.jpeg

IMG_7936.jpeg

Edited by Rotorman
On 3/1/2024 at 10:22 AM, JohnEB said:

Beautiful.

Seeing excellent work like yours keeps me from finishing my projects.

I figure "What" s the point?"

I completely understand where you're coming from and it stopped me from posting my builds for many years. 

I began equating building models to my love of golf.  I'm not Tiger Woods, I'll never be Tiger Woods and I'll never hit a shot like Tiger Woods. There's no chance, ever.

BUT, I can get a little better at hitting certain shots. I can get a little better at working the ball right to left. I can work on finishing higher.

Like golf, modeling ultimately became a game against myself. Trying different methods and techniques a achieve the effect I wanted, or at least a little closer. Trying to get a little better every kit.

I'll never be Rotorman, there's no chance ever, but I can certainly marvel at his talent and skill.

On 3/14/2024 at 11:42 AM, Hooker169 said:

I completely understand where you're coming from and it stopped me from posting my builds for many years. 

I began equating building models to my love of golf.  I'm not Tiger Woods, I'll never be Tiger Woods and I'll never hit a shot like Tiger Woods. There's no chance, ever.

BUT, I can get a little better at hitting certain shots. I can get a little better at working the ball right to left. I can work on finishing higher.

Like golf, modeling ultimately became a game against myself. Trying different methods and techniques a achieve the effect I wanted, or at least a little closer. Trying to get a little better every kit.

I'll never be Rotorman, there's no chance ever, but I can certainly marvel at his talent and skill.

Well said Hooker!  And , we can admire his skill and talent.

On 3/14/2024 at 4:14 AM, Rotorman said:

IMG_7937.jpeg

Man, but it's at least six times smaller than the pics shows! Your skill rocks! Top notch build!

Cheers!

Edited by Eastern
15 hours ago, Eastern said:

Man, but it's at least six times smaller than the pics shows! Your skill rocks! Top notch build!

Cheers!

Hey man, how in the hell have you been, nice to hear from you.   Glad you like the work so far.

Oliver

2 hours ago, Rotorman said:

Hey man, how in the hell have you been, nice to hear from you.   Glad you like the work so far.

Oliver

Have been lurking around. 🙂  Like your work? Like... Damn, I 'm just stunned with all you do. 

I always follow each your thread with much interest and admiration. 

Sure this one's gonna be a real bomb shell effect when it's finally done. And , of course, a real show stopper wherever you expose it.

Alexander

On 3/16/2024 at 10:29 PM, Eastern said:

Have been lurking around. 🙂  Like your work? Like... Damn, I 'm just stunned with all you do. 

I always follow each your thread with much interest and admiration. 

Sure this one's gonna be a real bomb shell effect when it's finally done. And , of course, a real show stopper wherever you expose it.

Alexander

I hope folks will enjoy this build, will see how it does whenever I compete with it. What are you working on?

Oliver

4 hours ago, Rotorman said:

I hope folks will enjoy this build, will see how it does whenever I compete with it. What are you working on?

Oliver

Hi Oliver,

This is what I'm working on:

After some delay I'm back to it. But I'm progressing slowly as my modeling mojo is getting down year by year. 🙂

On 3/19/2024 at 2:14 PM, Eastern said:

Hi Oliver,

This is what I'm working on:

After some delay I'm back to it. But I'm progressing slowly as my modeling mojo is getting down year by year. 🙂

Wow, that's some tight work.  Looks really sharp.

Posted (edited)

Chain link fence in progress.

the plan is to put part of the red and white cbuilding in the corner behind the chain link fence.   I was going to add barbed wire on top of the fence but it looks to aggressive in my opinion. Finally got my wood board.

IMG_7962.jpeg

IMG_7957.jpeg

IMG_7963.jpeg

IMG_7964.jpeg

IMG_7970.jpeg

IMG_7969.jpeg

IMG_7967.jpeg

Edited by Rotorman

Love it! Really shows how to approach a precise method and execution of a scale model setup. I like in particular the realism that roller at the end of the hinged gate looks and the effect it gives to the whole feel of your model.

7 hours ago, USMCVet said:

Love it! Really shows how to approach a precise method and execution of a scale model setup. I like in particular the realism that roller at the end of the hinged gate looks and the effect it gives to the whole feel of your model.

Thanks.

this is so outside of my comfort zone since I have never done anything like that. Plenty of mistakes in the process.
Glad u like it.

oliver

• 2 weeks later...