BAM News - Universal intakes for the Hasegawa 1/48 Phantoms released!

Just now, cruiz said:

Arnaud, you seem to search in my models' stash for all the accessories I need for them.

Are you referring to the mid-section with the wrong reversed tapering? Or are there more errors? Either way is a good idea.

Pretty much the reverse taper issue.  There are probably other errors, but that’s the big one for me.

5 hours ago, arnobiz said:

I've been busy ever since I received the Hobby Boss F-111C kit last month, and I'm now very excited to release the first two sets for it!

Triple Plow I seamless intakes for the F-111A, EF-111A, F-111C and RF-111C (plus one FB-111A!):

2023-05-31_00001

RF-111C recce pack (pre-cut clear windows will be included of course):

2023-05-31_00001

Here is the link for the Ardvaark fans ;)

https://bam-models.com/product-category/f-111/

Thanks for looking,

Arnaud

Wow!  Any plans for wheel well that will be compatible with the intakes?

Any plans for TPIII intakes for the F-111D/E/F?

46 minutes ago, MikeDadofFour said:

Ditto.

Steve

10 hours ago, MikeDadofFour said:

The TPII intakes are a WIP, coming soon 🙂

10 hours ago, MikeDadofFour said:

What do you mean? The intakes as designed fit with no kit surgery required 😉 

The main wheel well of the HobbyBoss F-111 is incorrect, it's square. On the real jet, the wheel well sidewalls are actually the intake sides and they are curved more towards the center of the aircraft at the back end of the wheel well.

Steve

• arnobiz changed the title to BAM News - F-111 Triple Plow I seamless intakes and RF-111C recce pack released
43 minutes ago, MikeDadofFour said:

Hence the nature of my question.

In need of reference photos?

Thanks for the offer. I'm not sure if I want to go there as it would probably be a huge investment (pipes and cables are a pain in the neck to replicate in 3D) but let's have a look! Would you please share your references on a shared folder?

Thanks,

Arnaud

3 hours ago, arnobiz said:

Thanks for the offer. I'm not sure if I want to go there as it would probably be a huge investment (pipes and cables are a pain in the neck to replicate in 3D) but let's have a look! Would you please share your references on a shared folder?

Thanks,

Arnaud

Here are a few online options : (details common to most Vark variants except for the fwd bulkhead shared with the weapons bay)

http://www.primeportal.net/hangar/luc_colin3/f-111e_67-0120/index.php?Page=3 (check p4 also)

http://www.primeportal.net/hangar/bill_spidle2/f-111a_67-0051/index.php?Page=2

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235058156-australian-f-111-148-build-hobbyboss/page/2/

https://www.modelbouwleuven.com/f-111-aardvark.html

I’m sure there are other sources available, not to mention paperback references as well.

Good luck and have fun!

On 6/2/2023 at 4:27 PM, Dave Williams said:

Pretty much the reverse taper issue.  There are probably other errors, but that’s the big one for me.

There are many errors with the HB F-111 wings… incorrect wingtip shape, flap spans, flap & slat actuator positions… and more.  
A complete accurate wing is really needed. 

On 6/8/2023 at 3:26 AM, ReccePhreak said:

Any plans to do the RF-111C recce pack for the Academy 1/48 F-111C kit?

Larry

Not at this time as the Academy kit is pretty hard to find 😕 I might do it if I can get my hands on one though 😄

I totally missed the survey about ideas, but I'll go ahead and throw mine out there. How about an E-2D conversion? I've got a Powerpoint that shows all the changes if reference is needed. The Kinetic E-2C 2000 kit can be used as the base kit.

On 6/4/2023 at 3:55 AM, arnobiz said:

Thanks. I was asking if you had non-public references, I already explored public sources quite a lot to develop the intakes 😉

Desole Arnaud, not much more than I’ve mined off the internet.  I can check my prints to see if any are worthwhile scanning.

On 6/9/2023 at 2:53 AM, arnobiz said:

Not at this time as the Academy kit is pretty hard to find 😕 I might do it if I can get my hands on one though 😄

Okay, I guess I will still go with my original plan to try to fit my Hamilton Hobbies RF-111C conversion (For the HobbyBooboo kit) onto my Academy kit.

Larry

Edited by ReccePhreak
  • arnobiz changed the title to BAM News - POD DAYS: 20% off our pods!
  • 1 month later...

The Triple Plow II seamless (and with detailed inside) intakes are released!

Also, the new Super Mystère B2 kit from FRROM/Special Hobby is very nice, and a welcome addition to the range. I've been busy working on a much better-detailed exhaust as well as a seamless intake, which are both nearly ready now :)

53157984802_d28bc25245_c.jpg

53159073553_1673b05c76_c.jpg

Edited by arnobiz
  • arnobiz changed the title to BAM News - Triple Plow II Seamless intakes released, Super Mystère 2B exhaust and seamless intake coming soon!
7 minutes ago, Keith T said:

Is this a replacement for your previous TP2 intake… or a complimentary infant t ducting and fan ?

This is the TP2 set released end of July. I had only announced it on FB so just in case fans of the later Aardvarks were not aware this was available too 😉 

Edited by arnobiz
21 hours ago, arnobiz said:

The Triple Plow II seamless (and with detailed inside) intakes are released!

Also, the new Super Mystère B2 kit from FRROM/Special Hobby is very nice, and a welcome addition to the range. I've been busy working on a much better-detailed exhaust as well as a seamless intake, which are both nearly ready now :)

53157984802_d28bc25245_c.jpg

53159073553_1673b05c76_c.jpg

Hurry!

I'm close to closing the fuselage!

• arnobiz changed the title to BAM News - Universal intakes for the Hasegawa 1/48 Phantoms released!