16 hours ago, Sarathi S. said:

Looks like the radar nose has changed substantially in shape, and they changed out LASS for a different design.  Also those inlet screens are interesting

The radar housing looks kinda similar to the ones they are grafting onto the upgraded MC-130's (I forget the specific model).     Agreed on the inlet screens.   Don't think I've ever seen an MH-60M (or earlier) with inlet screens.   Figured those helos need all the performance they can get out of those poor hardworking engines.   Also noted some sort of search light next to the FLIR turret.   Not sure if that's always been present or not.  

11 hours ago, 11bee said:

The radar housing looks kinda similar to the ones they are grafting onto the upgraded MC-130's (I forget the specific model).     Agreed on the inlet screens.   Don't think I've ever seen an MH-60M (or earlier) with inlet screens.   Figured those helos need all the performance they can get out of those poor hardworking engines.   Also noted some sort of search light next to the FLIR turret.   Not sure if that's always been present or not.  

That’s the Collins DVEPS (degraded visual environment pilotage system) to provide improved SA during brownout and similar landing conditions. 

• 3 weeks later...