Sprue Brothers Shipping

Anyone experience a surprise while placing an order?  I ordered 2 Eduard masks and two 30ml containers of MRP paint and the shipping is $17. 

WTF, almost half the cost of my order was shipping.

Edited by Spectre711

Did you verify what option for shipping was selected?  As I recall, I THINK Spruebrothers shipping choice defaults to one of the faster (e.g. more expensive) choices.   I would go back and try to place the same order again (and stop before the order is placed, of course), but check which shipping option was automatically selected.

Edited by Curt B
2 hours ago, Spectre711 said:

Anyone experience a surprise while placing an order?  I ordered 2 Eduard masks and two 30ml containers of MRP paint and the shipping is $17. 

WTF, almost half the cost of my order was shipping.

Expedited shipping on orders under $100 is $17,  standard shipping is $10.    

To be honest with you I wasn't even prompted for a type of shipping.  I never had high shipping fees from them before.  Maybe it had to do with the paint but it never was shown until I went back and checked the order status.  I'm waiting to hear back from SB other than the generic response on shipping fees.

I havnt touched a thing in a while and figured an order might push me along.  Bottom line is that I was never prompted on the shipping.

5 minutes ago, nspreitler said:

Expedited shipping on orders under $100 is $17,  standard shipping is $10.    

Expected shipping on a $26 order should be $17?  Is that their default shipping cause I don't remember it ever being UPS.

Edited by Spectre711
SP
30 minutes ago, Tracy White said:

Their site always defaults to the most expensive shipping.  Just something you have to keep an eye out for and fix every time unless you REALLY want it fast. If you don't see a shipping option I'd refresh until you do.

Incorrect… mine defaults to in store pickup for $0.00.  I then select the $9.99 standard option.

Comes up automatically for me. But of course I am from a dark and evil country that many Americans never heard of. (Canada, I am the third igloo on the left.)

The shipping to a different country has multiple shipping options. You know, in case polar bears eat my model, Blizzards (in August) stuff like that.

Edited by phantom

I never saw the shipping options and almost always chose the cheapest option cause I really don't need it that fast.  Maybe it just did an express checkout once I entered the card info?  I was able to just cancel the whole order since it didn't ship yet and will try again when I have a little  more time.  I've been working on a boat to get it out on the water.

• 3 weeks later...