1/72 Trumpeter A-6A Intruder sprue shots

9 minutes ago, hemspilot said:

It seems to be the most detailed A-6 so far, flaps, slats, spoilers, folding wings.

Has anyone checked on accuracy?

Almost certainly, the overall accuracy will match that of Trumpeter/Hobby Bossā€™ larger scale Intruders, which rate as above average.Ā 

On 10/27/2023 at 5:41 PM, DET1460 said:

Two too many bombs on the inbd mer's. One on each. I'd expect problems with this kit. It also has open speed brakes... Only the EA-6A had operable speed brakes. Trumpy-Boss. Ich!Ā 

Ā 

JMHO

Ā 

DET1460

Actually, the HB/Trump A-6's in 1/48 and 1/32 are quite nice.

On 10/27/2023 at 8:09 AM, hemspilot said:

It seems to be the most detailed A-6 so far, flaps, slats, spoilers, folding wings.

Has anyone checked on accuracy?

As per the 1:32 and 1:48 Intruders, the shape of the fin tip is wrong, the seats supplied appear to beĀ GRU 7 (when they should be GRU 5) and the doppler housing under the tail has the cut off for a chaff dispenser forward of it, which shouldn't be there on an A model. The fin problem is consistent for all variants, the other two are ony errors for the A, for the certain subsequent E and E Tram releases they are correct.

I'mĀ glad they didn't duplicate the goofy half-exhaust of the 1:48 series, with a turbine disc sitting at an acute angle insideĀ šŸ™‚Ā This time, they just provide the end stub pipe, which I think is OK for 1:72.

As others have said, for Trumpy-Boss, the A-6 series is above average for their standard.

7 hours ago, JeffreyK said:

... and the doppler housing under the tail has the cut off for a chaff dispenser forward of it, which shouldn't be there on an A model.

The cropped down housing and chaff dispenserĀ is correct for later A'sĀ (1970). Would be great if a resin company made the original earlier full housings in all three scales (hint hint!)

Ā 

Ā 

Good to see this finally released. As expected and others have saidĀ  it look like their overall very good 1/48 and 1/32 kits.

Ā 

Again like those scales, it's essentially an A-6E molded fuselage and out of box with some basic fixes it could most resembleĀ a late A-6A. Formation strip lights, and some other details like the rear fuselage panels (and inaccurate mirror image on the right side) aren't applicable for an A-6A. Also just like the larger scale kits the ALQ-100 booms for the A-6A are again very anemic looking on the sprue shots (not shown in the build though).

Ā 

And again unfortunately they still don't provide both original style perforated brakes or solid plates. In the pics though it looks like they're perforated, at least on the back side, but the decal placement illustration appears to show solid plate only? I imagine if they follow the large scale kits they'll include the other option only in the A-6E boxing for some reason. I wish instead of copying/pastingĀ  the designs of the larger scale kits they could've learned and made some updates/fixes in the years between the various kits but the overall shapes looks completely unchanged.

Ā 

Plus side for aftermarket too, the included decals are very inaccurate all around, not even the basic national insignia is correct.