Paypal issues when buying from Reskit and other Ukraine Sellers

I'm located in the USA and buy direct from Reskit a few times each year.  For the the past year, I get a Paypal "400" error at checkout.  Paypal is their only payment option now.  I then have to reach out to them to send me an invoice for the failed payment order I placed.  Once they send me the invoice, problem solved and I pay.  The payment goes through "western bid", which is a well known work-around to making payments to Ukraine. 

I've believed this was only a Reskit issue, until I tried to purchase items from another Ukraine seller and ended up having the same issue.

Is there anyone else having this issue?  Is it a USA only issue? 

Any advice is welcome

I just ordered from Reskit this week using PayPal with no issues.   I’m in the US and it went through westernbid.   I’ve ordered several times in the last year with no issues.

Your issue is interesting, I’m wondering if it’s an ISP issue.    

Edited by nspreitler

I wondered if I've spent too much with them this year.  It worked on my first order in Jan no problem (~$300).  The next order was the first with the issue and it wouldn't process unless I reduced the order total below a certain amount (~$200).

But I've done two more orders, which required them to send me an invoice, no issues.  It must be some kind of express checkout issue.

I've tried different browsers, done it on my phone via AT&T network, and even tried through my employer's internet service.  It's some kind of limitation on my Paypal account.  Time to take my chances with Paypal customer support.  

I've had a similar issue with PayPal through ResKit recently; I emailed ResKit, and they sent me a separate link to make the payment (they tracked my cart by the email address).

I hope this helps.

Hi everyone,

I too have been having this same problem when trying to order from ResKit. Every time over the last few days that I've tried to place a $300 order, I kept getting that error message. I finally emailed ResKit and like fellow ARC'er cruiz (post above), they sent me a paypal link to make payment, and it worked just fine. Not sure what the problem is though, but I'm glad the link worked. I couldn't resist stocking up on all of that lovely resin! Fred K.