A tale of two Tomcats - GWH 1:72 F-14D buddy build

About a year ago, me and my buddy Mitja decided, we should build the same kit from our stash but do it in our own ways - we picked GWH F-14D in 1:72 and picked VF-101 Grim reapers squadron, me going high vis, Mitja low vis. There was some aftermarket used - I used metal pitot tube, resin wheels and burner cans, while Mitja went with wheels and ejection seats. For the purposes of my vignette I also used excellent Reedoak figures. 

My vignette is called "Last season, baby!" and shows preseason photo shoot of one of the two display aircraft for the last Tomcat airshow season in 2004.

Link to the full article and galleries: https://vvsmodelling.com/2023/12/31/grumman-f-14d-tomcat-vf-101-grim-reapers/

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

DSC_0654-X3.jpg

DSC_0657-X3.jpg

DSC_0643-X3.jpg

DSC_0646-X3.jpg

DSC_0648-X3.jpg

F-14D-12-X3.jpg

F-14D-1-X3.jpg

F-14D-3-X3.jpg

F-14D-7-X3.jpg

F-14D-15-X3.jpg

Edited by Sebastijan

They're both awesome!

A question:  For Mitja's low vis scheme, what are paints ( brand and number) that were used?  I like the slightly bluish tint of his greys.

Thanks in advance. :thumbsup:

Thank you, guys!

On 1/5/2024 at 8:15 PM, JackMan said:

They're both awesome!

A question:  For Mitja's low vis scheme, what are paints ( brand and number) that were used?  I like the slightly bluish tint of his greys.

Thanks in advance. :thumbsup:

Actually we both used same paints - Mr.Paint Medium Grey, Dark and Light Ghost grey. The major difference was me using the black surfacer as primer, while Mitja used grey one, which created some difference in the finished look.